Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind Corluka at RB but don't Waxface will sell him; well not under 20 million any way.

no chance, I'd take that Naughton though

He too old for you? :winkold:

:D too good and expensive unfortunately

I have to agree with you there. See someone does agree with you lol.

I wouldn't mind Corluka at RB but don't Waxface will sell him; well not under 20 million any way.

no chance, I'd take that Naughton though

He too old for you? :winkold:

:D too good and expensive unfortunately

I have to agree with you there. See someone does agree with you lol.

:D :D Smalljob does on quite a lot of things :)

If Heskey is sold to Sunderland, then I'm starting to believe if there really is a god after all

:D do you ever say anything positive? you're worse than me haha

Feck, I was just banned the other day in a game forum because I was too negative against a game :-(

but it was only a 24 hours ban :P

oh yes I recall it now was rather funny that :D erm right back hmmm I'm torn between an experience rb or a young up and coming 1, it'll have to be Clyne, from what I've seen, he looks to be very good considering his age and relative lack of experience, what about you?

Same school of thought really, I wouldn't mind seeing a youngster brought in but I'd prefer someone more experienced to start. Maybe we could go crazy and do both? Bring someone like Clyne or Adam Matthews in and send them straight back out on loan for a season as well as a seasoned right-back.

There's a couple of people I wouldn't mind; Stephan Lichtsteiner has always been solid if not spectacular, he wouldn't cost the earth and it's not like Lazio are powerhouses of Serie A who wouldn't sell for the right cash.

Rod Fanni for the same reasons (plus he's got a name that's just begging for some choice chants :D), I'd like to think we're big enough to tempt players from Rennes.

Andoni Iraola at Athetlic Bilbao would be near the top of the list for me though, I'd say he's attainable but would probably cost a fair bit of moolah.

Back to the Prem, aside from Hutton no names spring to mind really. None I'd want over the above, anyway.

oh yes I recall it now was rather funny that :D erm right back hmmm I'm torn between an experience rb or a young up and coming 1, it'll have to be Clyne, from what I've seen, he looks to be very good considering his age and relative lack of experience, what about you?

Same school of thought really, I wouldn't mind seeing a youngster brought in but I'd prefer someone more experienced to start. Maybe we could go crazy and do both? Bring someone like Clyne or Adam Matthews in and send them straight back out on loan for a season as well as a seasoned right-back.

There's a couple of people I wouldn't mind; Stephan Lichtsteiner has always been solid if not spectacular, he wouldn't cost the earth and it's not like Lazio are powerhouses of Serie A who wouldn't sell for the right cash.

Rod Fanni for the same reasons (plus he's got a name that's just begging for some choice chants :D), I'd like to think we're big enough to tempt players from Rennes.

Andoni Iraola at Athetlic Bilbao would be near the top of the list for me though, I'd say he's attainable but would probably cost a fair bit of moolah.

Back to the Prem, aside from Hutton no names spring to mind really. None I'd want over the above, anyway.

Lichtsteiner is a good shout but Lazio are worse than Spurs for negotiations. Lotito never backs down so much that players ahev gone to court like Behrami, Pandev and Ledesma.. Look at Oddo case. He got 10million from Milan plus Foggia for a player with 6 months left on his contract.

Personally think we could have went Azpilicueta as he only went for 7 million

Rod Fanni for the same reasons (plus he's got a name that's just begging for some choice chants

I think those connections were covered in the last summer transfer window GarethRDR although it sure was side splitting humour.