Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Are we linked with a player from Netherlands by any chance? just curious.

We were linked (rather unrealistically, we mostly concluded) with Van der Wiel last week.

And Rafael Van Der Vaart last summer...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if MON has watched a few WC games? Seen a few PL managers out there...

I can't see him being out there. I would have thought he'll already know who he wants and I suppose a lot of what we do this summer hinges on whether James Milner stays or goes. O'Neill's said previously he'd never buy a player based on his showing at a World Cup, and I can't see many of the players we'll be after, if any at all, being on show in SA.

O'Neill's said previously he'd never buy a player based on his showing at a World Cup, and I can't see many of the players we'll be after, if any at all, being on show in SA.

Bar signing Salifou who he had seen at the world cup, and identified him as the Togolese Zidane. Do you ever thing this was similar to the famous Bobby Robson signs Carl Cort, but is actually believed to have wanted to sign Jason Euell...

There was a story a few weeks back that had Ian Storey-Moore saying Villa weren't sending any scouts to the WC because there's not really anyone they'd be interested that they don't already know about. I am sure MON is watching on the telly, but you never know...

I said at the time i thoughr ISM was right, im sure they're all watching it somewhere, but id rather we prepped for and then piled into the u19 championship next month

I think the only really surprising player at the wc is the north korean striker

Maradona 10 said:

Conor Wickham I would expect but Ipswich want 10million

I think we might get him for less than that say £6 - £7m and loan him out to them for the season to gain more experience? You have to pay the going rate to get the best young players particularly when they are strikers and English. He might be one that we could get but we would be likely to be one of a couple of clubs that are looking at him and it is a move that we would need to get done sooner rather than later.

Aussie bias, but would love to see us sign Brett Emerton from Blackburn as a right back. Extremely fit, skillful and a great crosser.

Rumour is that Milner has a poster of Emerton on his bedroom wall and based his game off him.

Ok, that was a joke, but they are very similar in the way they approach football. Sadly, Emerton is getting on and his best is probably behind him now.

Aussie bias, but would love to see us sign Brett Emerton from Blackburn as a right back. Extremely fit, skillful and a great crosser.

Not good enough for Villa. Prefer Luke Young any day. Not that he gets a look in anyway...

Emerton is a fantastic player & 4 years ago would have been a great signing for us but now he has too many niggly injuries and like most in the Aussie team is too long in the tooth.

Does anyone know if MON has watched a few WC games? Seen a few PL managers out there...

I can't see him being out there. I would have thought he'll already know who he wants and I suppose a lot of what we do this summer hinges on whether James Milner stays or goes. O'Neill's said previously he'd never buy a player based on his showing at a World Cup, and I can't see many of the players we'll be after, if any at all, being on show in SA.

he signed Joos Valgaeren for Celtic while punditing Euro 2000

I said at the time i thoughr ISM was right, im sure they're all watching it somewhere, but id rather we prepped for and then piled into the u19 championship next month

I think the only really surprising player at the wc is the north korean striker

Jong Tae-Se?

Read he was on trial at Blackburn at start of year and Sam was mega impressed, looks like they will follow it up after world cup!!

Get in there first Martin :lol::lol:

the sun

JONG TAE-SE has set his sights on a move to Blackburn.

The striker - dubbed the North Korean Wayne Rooney - cried his way through his country's national anthem before facing Brazil on Tuesday.

Jong, 26, had a week's trial with Rovers this year and said: "Years ago I used to train in a Blackburn shirt."

Would anyone take the experienced Gilberto Silva? According to SkySports a few Premiership teams are interested.

We could do with an experienced player like him who would sit in front of the back four, win the ball and pass it on.

Yeah i'd like him, he does what NRC should do. Could teach him a thing or two!

Would anyone take the experienced Gilberto Silva? According to SkySports a few Premiership teams are interested.

We could do with an experienced player like him who would sit in front of the back four, win the ball and pass it on.

He looked tired and exhausted very easy in games in his last season at Arsenal. 3 years ago i would have took him