Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the Yak one of those players thatscores almost all his goals at home?

Yeah but he has full size goals in his back garden and his son is crap in goal.

Thank christ your not in charge!

80 premier league goals or something like that, if we sign a better striker than him, I'll be amazed

Sure does...but in the past. Now his fat and rubbish, I seriously seriously dont know how you think he'd be a good signing. Well as I said above...

80 premier league goals or something like that, if we sign a better striker than him, I'll be amazed

Sure does...but in the past. Now his fat and rubbish, I seriously seriously dont know how you think he'd be a good signing. Well as I said above...

as I said I'll be surprised if we sign a better alternative

Isn't the Yak one of those players thatscores almost all his goals at home?

Yeah but he has full size goals in his back garden and his son is crap in goal.

That's nonsense, I have it on good authority from my Uncle's cousin twice-removed on my Father's side who's in charge of Petunia-maintenance at Bodymoor Heath that we're putting together a bid for Junior Yakubu. :D

He could compete with Carew for the position of, the most lazy, dis-interested striker to ever play at VP.

The left back for Argentina looked good last night, Clemente Rodrigez, according to wiki (i know) he seems to move to europe and then go straight back to Argentina. He looked very useful going forward but I don't know about his defending as the Greeks didn't try attacking.

as I said I'll be surprised if we sign a better alternative

So that means we should sign him? No thanks.

I see you were listening to Harry Redknapp last night :D Its 78 by the way.

Anyway, seeing as you are such a big Yakubu fan you will no doubt know how many goals he has scored in the last two seasons. Now not being a fan myself I had no idea I just knew it wasn't many, so I checked.

What I found really wasn't very impressive;

2008-2009 17 games 5 goals

2009-2010 31 games 5 goals

Not the sort of scoring recorded that gets me excited or hoping that Martin gets the cheque book out for personally. In fact, I believe Heskey managed 5 goals last season as well.

So I'm struggling to see any basis at all why Yakubu would be a good signing unless its on the basis of form from 2007-2008 which I would hate to see us sign someone on.

Never really convinced with most of the african strikers, they tend to be either rather inconsistent or **** brilliant.

And we already have one of those.

Been so impressed with Annan, he reminds me of NRC but can actually has decent distribution. The problem is he's supposed to be a bit of a feisty character, apparently he once bit an opposition player and he has a habit of being a bit dirty just in the training sessions.

Would really like him though and possibly Asamoah Gyan despite his poor scoring record. I like Boateng too.

Do you know what, I never liked Belhadj after seeing him try and destroy Petrov at Fratton about 18 months ago (he got a red for it)

Can I say, maybe I have been harsh as he looks defensively sound and has a wicked cross on him, he gets forward a lot more than most left backs too. I'd like to see him at Villa, I never thought I would say that.

Donovan is another player who I have softened on.

Do you know what, I never liked Belhadj after seeing him try and destroy Petrov at Fratton about 18 months ago (he got a red for it)
That was Craig Gardner, and he got a yellow. Then he got a second yellow for something involving a free kick or throwing if I remember rightly.

That was Craig Gardner, and he got a yellow. Then he got a second yellow for something involving a free kick or throwing if I remember rightly.

I think you are correct, rusty memory there!