Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Bradley has been mentioned before. First time i have sen him properly. Looks to have good vision, good touch, good passing and a great engine. Natural replacement for Petrov 11/12, bled into the side 10/11, i think so.

I would rather Ireland than KPB but still a very good player that looks to have enthusiasm to play unlike some other money grabbing youngsters, great feet, pacey and looks to have bags of potential.

Bradley, Ireland, KPB, Richards are on my list.

Thank christ your not in charge!

80 premier league goals or something like that, if we sign a better striker than him, I'll be amazed

I see you were listening to Harry Redknapp last night :D Its 78 by the way.

Anyway, seeing as you are such a big Yakubu fan you will no doubt know how many goals he has scored in the last two seasons. Now not being a fan myself I had no idea I just knew it wasn't many, so I checked.

What I found really wasn't very impressive;

2008-2009 17 games 5 goals

2009-2010 31 games 5 goals

Not the sort of scoring recorded that gets me excited or hoping that Martin gets the cheque book out for personally. In fact, I believe Heskey managed 5 goals last season as well.

So I'm struggling to see any basis at all why Yakubu would be a good signing unless its on the basis of form from 2007-2008 which I would hate to see us sign someone on.

And its still more than Heskey :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

No thanks

Michael Bradley please.

And Kevin Prince Boateng. Two solid young players for maybe 10m total. They could start as squad players and work their way into the side.

If you think we're getting Michael Bradley that cheap you're nucking futs my friend. Contracted until the end of July 2012 and pretty much essential to 'Gladbach.

Michael Bradley please.

And Kevin Prince Boateng. Two solid young players for maybe 10m total. They could start as squad players and work their way into the side.

If you think we're getting Michael Bradley that cheap you're nucking futs my friend. Contracted until the end of July 2012 and pretty much essential to 'Gladbach.

not good enough for us anyway from what I've seen

Yep, he's got a great engine and does all the dirty work. He's a true box to box midfielder, his passing can be a bit suspect but give him a role where he doesn't need to try such passes and he'd shine.

I'd bring him in as a replacement for Sidwell and NRC, and a long term partner for Delph.

Boateng has impressed me aswell. Portsmouth need any money they can get, his value won't increase despite his contribution to Ghana's qualifiction. For 6-8 million we could probably get the player Sidwell should have been.

Michael Bradley please.

not good enough for us anyway from what I've seen

Bradley will be in a Bayern Munich shirt within 3 years. He's good.