Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Sound logic. But it is City, their owners probably think the difference between 7 and 12 million pounds is negligible.

Also they sold Dunne for £6m.

True.. but Dunne was late 20's and most people hadn't heard the best reviews about him. Ireland was probably Man City's best player 2 seasons ago and is still really young.

Though Man City have buckets of cash, I doubt that they would let their "4th place rivals" take Ireland off them for less than £10m-£12m.

... And to the people disputing MysteryMan.. Do you not think it's a bit of a coincidence that he said "the sponsor will be announced today" and then it was? (yes he came back and said it'd been delayed 'til next week, but plans can change and I don't think a "random-guess" would have worked out that well)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to go with Hart as GK. Friedel has done well but you`ve got a keeper for the next Decade there if you get him. Part of me wants to get a few from City especially if we lose MIlner.

Oh right, must be true then - did he say we were interested in Zigic as well !!

I have just put these words into a search engine

Litex Manolev Villa

and 100's of pages come back, all from now saying us and Man City are tracking PSV's Manolev. there is not one page saying that we had bid / they had turned us down / he had turned us down etc...

Now I put

Villa Zigic in and every page says either Villa deny bid made , or agent states Villa were interested.

Opinion, I have not / cannot see anything saying we made any attempt for this manolev at lovech

And I will believe MON / Villa / his agent / and every sports journo in Europe over this MM who has no evidence to back things up.

And the two that did happen out of the blue - Dunne and Heskey , he totally denied we were interested in them !

I'll stick to the In the shirt on the pitch thing cheers

The Litex Lovech chairman came out and said!!! I'm not the only one who remembers!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5455038,00.html

http://www.football-transfers.co.uk/2009/07/page/2

Obviously it's hard to find an article of a bulgarian site on google dating back to last year, but as you can see, he was linked with us and I'm sure others can back it up. (It's on last year's speculation thread too but don't know where that's gone)

Apparently we still are aren't we? Wouldn't be suprised if he was signed.

Warnock, Luke Young....I think once he likes a player, if he can't get him one year, he doesn't mind going back in for him.

I've noticed that with almost all managers, they like a player and they get them eventually if they can.

Warnock, Luke Young....I think once he likes a player, if he can't get him one year, he doesn't mind going back in for him.

there was no evidence to suggest we went for Young before we signed him

there was no evidence to suggest we went for Young before we signed him

there is also no evidence that MON likes him judging by the way he put him at left back for one season then dropped him the next and played a centre half in his position and then says he is available to be sold.