Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets just sign John Barnes aswel while were at it, he can play a bit

No thanks, it's a struggle to get a pie at half time as it is.

Alright Planty, long time no see! :-)

I dont mind a certain amount of stereotypical MON signings but they simply wont push us on to the next level. Id love villa to just be really aggressive and get a couple of players that a lot of people think are maybe too good for us.

I dont think it will happen with MON, FWIW i think he is poor in the transfer market. We shall see though. This summer is make or break, he has to buy a different type of player in order for us to push forward next season. pushing forward next season will be another 6th place finish. We will do very well to finish 6th again with the quality around us.

We can improve our squad with MON type signings and I would be happy with that.

An example:

Out: Heskey, Sidwell, Shorey, Beye, Young

In: Richards, Doyle/Rodallega, Ireland, Parker, LB cover.

That would be a very good window in my opinion for a net spent of around 15-20 million.

.....all of whom would want to start every week....and probably wouldnt.....so we'd be in the same position next summer...

How did you get that picture? Lovely pair of gloves they were, called them my 'rapin gloves'.

Difficult to find a pic of that character - in fact I'm gonna have to grab a screenshot from the Fast Show DVD for a better pic

We can improve our squad with MON type signings and I would be happy with that.

An example:

Out: Heskey, Sidwell, Shorey, Beye, Young

In: Richards, Doyle/Rodallega, Ireland, Parker, LB cover.

That would be a very good window in my opinion for a net spent of around 15-20 million.

.....all of whom would want to start every week....and probably wouldnt.....so we'd be in the same position next summer...

Everyone wants to start every week. If we sign a player that doesn't want to start every week I will join the 'MON out' brigade because that is unacceptable.

...Carew, Delph(I think he is a big talent), Warnock.

...Warnock a bargain ?....I think not....as we will find out if Ashley Cole gets injured (please God, keep him safe)....

Eh?

You know where you are right? I'm guessing the vast majority of those who read this board on have seen Warnock play. Heck, I'd like to wager most think he's half decent.

I've no idea what your point is. No idea why I'm replying either, bloody vino....