Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

We have plenty of scouts but they are tasked with finding young talent. Our (successful) academy and reserve sides are full of players they have found for instance.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Bradley and Asamoah Gyan are two players who should be nowhere near Villa. Both would be considerable steps backwards in terms of what we already have. To say that Gyan is better than Agbonlahor is ridiculous. His finishing is inconsistent at best and at the World Cup he has scored two penalties and other than that done absolutely nothing.

I'd take Boateng definitely. Looks a class apart from any other player in Ghana's World Cup team and has proven at Portsmouth that he can perform in the Premier League even at a sinking ship like Pompey were.

Don't know about Villa bound but I seem to remember when we signed Heskey that they made sure they had Rodallega in first. I wouldn't be dissapointed if this were the case. I think a strikeforce of Gabby, Carew, Delfouneso (who for what its worth I would send on loan for a season to someone like Leeds) Keane (if the talk in the Keane thread is true) and Rodallega would be pretty dangerous. Unfortunately I think its more of a case of one or the other and I think it will be Keane.

Michael Bradley and Asamoah Gyan are two players who should be nowhere near Villa. Both would be considerable steps backwards in terms of what we already have. To say that Gyan is better than Agbonlahor is ridiculous. His finishing is inconsistent at best and at the World Cup he has scored two penalties and other than that done absolutely nothing.

I'd take Boateng definitely. Looks a class apart from any other player in Ghana's World Cup team and has proven at Portsmouth that he can perform in the Premier League even at a sinking ship like Pompey were.

For me all 3 of the above would be good additions to the squad but none of which would get straight in the team.

I think if we're not already doing so we should be doing everything physically possible to bring in Joe Cole.

He literally is everything we're missing, a big name creative midfielder.

I know it's largely out of our hands, if he wants to stay in London there's nowt we can do but if there's even a slim chance of him considering us I wouldn't be too disappointed for us to break our wage structure for him, and that's taking into account his injury problems too.

I don't think this will happen, but I want it to happen.

Aint going to happen at 120K per week

Is that what he was on at Chelski?

I don't know if he could quite command £120k p/w now given the fact he is now technically a free agent (so technically unemployed, hence not earning a salary) plus all the injury problems.....

Whatever the weather though we'd be looking at something in and around the £100k mark, as I said Richard, I don't think it will happen, I just want it to.

We can but dream.

Think this was discussed lots much earlier in the thread. The lack of transfer fee would allow for front-loading the contract, effectively paying JC his own transfer fee, allowing for his wages to be lower. No idea if this would be something MON would sanction but I don't think the theory is impossible.

I think if we wanted Prince Boateng we should have bought him before the WC, surely his price would have doubled after his performances so far. Looks a very promising player.

He was very, very, highly rated when he moved from Hertha to Spurs, I remember seeing him play against Frankfurt around 2006, he was suberb! Played with a lot of freedom, had bags of tricks and great vision. He just seemed to lose all that confidence when he moved to the Spurs' graveyard for young stars!

Would have been happy to have signed him the January before last when the big rumour he was at Bodymoor circulated. Would be even happier to have him now, imagine there might be some competition though. What odds Redknapp buys back another recently sold player!

Think this was discussed lots much earlier in the thread. The lack of transfer fee would allow for front-loading the contract, effectively paying JC his own transfer fee, allowing for his wages to be lower. No idea if this would be something MON would sanction but I don't think the theory is impossible.

It would also put Cole on far and away more than anyone else at the club.

Not worth the potential hassle that would cause, as such i agree with Richard. aint going to happen.

Michael Bradley please.

And Kevin Prince Boateng. Two solid young players for maybe 10m total. They could start as squad players and work their way into the side.

If you think we're getting Michael Bradley that cheap you're nucking futs my friend. Contracted until the end of July 2012 and pretty much essential to 'Gladbach.

not good enough for us anyway from what I've seen

Bradley will be in a Bayern Munich shirt within 3 years. He's good.

I've just put mine on. I'm still shit.

It would also put Cole on far and away more than anyone else at the club.

Not worth the potential hassle that would cause, as such i agree with Richard. aint going to happen.

That was kinda the point of my post though - you wouldn't have to pay him more because the money you wouldn't be spending on a transfer fee could be paid as a signing-on fee to the tune of the gap between his current Chelsea wages and what Villa were willing to pay (without upsetting the current wage structure).

I'm not saying it's likely as I'm sure it's probably not going to happen - I was just saying that wages alone wouldn't rule it out.

I'd take Ayew, Annan and Boateng from the Ghana team and I think we could get them all with the Milner money.

I see what you're doing there. Going after the lucrative Ghana market. Forget Koreans, Ghana is where the big overseas support will come from ;)