Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love Pienaar, him, Ireland and Keane would make us very creative.

If we bring in Ireland and Pienaar, they'll expect to start along with at least Ash, if not Downing too, so we'd sorely need to bring in the likes of Flamini or another player who will put themselves about the midfield physically, unless NRC is going to get a lot more time this year.

Heskey ain't going lads... who would want him?

Would be quite please if we got rid of Sidwell though. Hopefully that would mean more opportunity for Delph, Albrighton and Reo-Coker.

If we had another £100k available for wages, how much would Keane take up? I reckon he'd want £50-60k, meaning £40-50k for a backup left back and possibly another young midfielder

i think 40-50k per week for a backup left back is how we get in this mess in the first place.

Heskey ain't going lads... who would want him?

Would be quite please if we got rid of Sidwell though. Hopefully that would mean more opportunity for Delph, Albrighton and Reo-Coker.

If we had another £100k available for wages, how much would Keane take up? I reckon he'd want £50-60k, meaning £40-50k for a backup left back and possibly another young midfielder

i think 40-50k per week for a backup left back is how we get in this mess in the first place.

I also mentioned another midfielder. 20-30k a week is probably about right for 2 good quality players to supplement the squad.

According to Nicko (and he has an eye on the situation as Rovers are supposedly interested) we want around £5million for NRC.

Sounds like a bargain for Rovers. Think Reo_Coker would be great for them.

It would be a bargain. Unfortunately for us, that's not really his market value given the length of his contract (12 months) and the fact he is a bit part player. He's worth more to us on the bench than he is as a transfer fee. I think it's probably worth our while holding out for the £5m and letting him go for nothing next summer rather than not have him at our disposal for the sake of £2m-£3m especially after selling Milner.

I just wouldn't sell him full stop. We could really do with him in the squad.

I totally agree Maz ..when motivated and given a specific job to do - i.e man to man marking - he is top notch. Not exactly creative but a great ball winner with the proverbial " good engine". All he should do is win the tackles and make the short pass to the creative midfielder - whoever that turns out to be.

I'd love it if he could be persuaded to stay, but I really can't see it, so I guess it'll be a choice between £2-3m this summer or nothing next summer. I'd imagine that choice will mostly be about whether we've got a replacement in mind and can get him this month.

I just wouldn't sell him full stop. We could really do with him in the squad.

I totally agree Maz ..when motivated and given a specific job to do - i.e man to man marking - he is top notch. Not exactly creative but a great ball winner with the proverbial " good engine". All he should do is win the tackles and make the short pass to the creative midfielder - whoever that turns out to be.

Yep. Des Bremner to Gordon Cowans.