Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he's raw. He always will be if he's not let loose. What I'm saying is Downing has shown us enough in a bad way to justify throwing Marc on and at least giving him a chance. We owe him that. He can do no more than what he has done with the opportunities he was given in pre-season. It's ridiculous not to use him at this point.

I thought Downing looked fine the other night. No reason for him not to start either

Also not sure why its either him or Albrighton either considering one plays left and the other right

I reckon we may go 451

Well if we play 3 behind Gabby, then one of Albrighton, Downing, Ireland (fingers crossed) and Young will miss out unless we play Ireland as part of the central two but that would be a huge waste.

No chance on Young not starting so between Downing and Albrighton.

I know he's raw. He always will be if he's not let loose. What I'm saying is Downing has shown us enough in a bad way to justify throwing Marc on and at least giving him a chance. We owe him that. He can do no more than what he has done with the opportunities he was given in pre-season. It's ridiculous not to use him at this point.

Downing looked good the other night BOF, just lacked a bit of end product that nearly came at the end. Looked confident. I think hel be a big player for us this season

What if he REALLY doesn't cut it yet and we go on to lose?

What if he REALLY doesn't cut it yet and we go on to lose?

Then so what? Them's the risks of football. It's probably the same reasoning that stopped O'Neill ever going outside his first choice 11. You don't use him in the 2nd game and you introduce him more gently. But 'what if' he sets up 2 peaches for Carew. We can't speculate. Just use him.

Good to see McDonald say on the official site that everybody will be given a chance and its a clean slate.

If we want a good, young, up and coming, young striker with great potential and bags of ability, cheap and on low wages we should go for Norwegian Mohammed Abdellaoue, current top scorer in the Norwegian league. Starts for Norway tonight. Available for £1.5 mill. Blackburn will be there along with other clubs and they will most likely bid for him in the morning.

If Sven comes in in the next week I'm sure there will be a flurry of activity similar to when he was at City and brought in the likes of Elano and Zabaleta pretty quickly. At least with a new manager we may actually start shopping abroad again which imo will be a nice change.

Villa should buy Gylfi Sigurðsson from Reading. He's an attacking midfielder who scores loads of goals.

He had fantastic game this evening when Iceland U21s won Germany 4-1 and scored a brilliant goal straight from a free kick. He wouldn't cost too much and I think he can definitely handle playing in the Premier League.

I think we should snap him up before someone else does.

Villa should buy Gylfi Sigurðsson from Reading. He's an attacking midfielder who scores loads of goals.

He had fantastic game this evening when Iceland U21s won Germany 4-1 and scored a brilliant goal straight from a free kick. He wouldn't cost too much and I think he can definitely handle playing in the Premier League.

I think we should snap him up before someone else does.

Why wouldn't he cost too much? He's probably Reading's best player, and they have playoff ambitions this year. And they are hardly in the Portsmouth/Cardiff/Sheffield Wednesday predicament at the moment.

He shouldn't cost more than 5m pounds I think. His wages would be much lower than for example Sidwell's.

We know that the wage bill is the main issue of worry so getting Sidwell off it and maybe Heskey and then getting Sigurðsson in could work.