Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Bairstow finally out. Still short and with Stokes on one leg this is going to get a bit edgy if we lose Foakes

1 minute ago, theunderstudy said:

Bairstow finally out. Still short and with Stokes on one leg this is going to get a bit edgy if we lose Foakes

It's fine. We need to average ONE run an over now.

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

It's fine. We need to average ONE run an over now.

My issue is that our 4 man tail average about 1 per match 😂 just keep calm and let Stokes and Foakes knock them off the board 

• Haha 1

I am really enjoying this Baz ball.  Bairstow has stopped the doubters, what an amazing innings. Took the game right away from New Zealand. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 3

Yay ! 

No wins in nine and then two in a row (and against one of the good test nations) Improvement !

But was there still a batting collapse? I don't know... Does 53 for 1 to 93 for 4 count as a batting collapse?

1 minute ago, robby b said:

Yay ! 

No wins in nine and then two in a row (and against one of the good test nations) Improvement !

But was there still a batting collapse? I don't know... Does 53 for 1 to 93 for 4 count as a batting collapse?

No really when in the 4th innings chasing a record total and in the third innings NZ were 136-4 so close in the graph.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Great result after that first innings from New Zealand, fair play.

They must be sick as parrots.  Imagine scoring 553 first innings and losing from there. 

• Like 1

I never in a million years thought Stokes would be such a good captain. Just felt like echoes of Flintoff losing 5-0 down under. Didn't think he had the intelligence for it, thought he would be snowed under with batting, bowling and fielding responsibilities.

But he just seems to have that aura around him, you can see how much all the other players look up to him, and how he is completely fearless in every situation.

Will definitely come unstuck occasionally playing like this, but he acknowledged that in his post-match interview, and said it's all about being able to bounce back and win more often than not.

A real breath of fresh air, and Root seems to really enjoy just being a batsman again. Lovely.

• Like 3

"I'll say it simply. We were either winning this game or losing it," said Stokes.

Absolutely love that quote BBC

11 hours ago, chappy said:

:mrgreen:

Incredible stuff this afternoon! Buzzing for those that went for free. Thought YJB spoke really well after the game, basically sticking up for Root when asked about how it must feel much better under the new regime. 

Definite shades of how we suddenly started going big in white ball cricket in 2015 in that post tea session.

Im off to Amsterdam on Friday for the ODI, hope it’s anywhere near as exciting as today!

Whereabouts is the cricket pitch in Amsterdam? 

32 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Whereabouts is the cricket pitch in Amsterdam? 

Amstelveen, not sure on the geography of the city but seems pretty central. 16 min drive from the airport.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John said:

shades of Botham's Ashes about it. :)

He's not dead, and anyway he wants a burial not the hot oven job 😁

• Haha 1

Â