Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s fun to watch but is that a captains innings from Stokes? Going into full T20 mode when still 150 runs behind, if Foakes doesn’t stick around NZ will likely take a sizeable lead here now.

I dunno, that burst accelerated the game a bit or at least showed the team intent to do so.  Usually a 500 v 500 game is drifting along late on day 4 and likely a draw but there is still a lot of cricket left to force a result.

• Like 2

What a day! 😀 When was the last time England were 300 for 2?! Mayhem. And, I'll whisper it quietly, but this may even be an actual England innings without the customary batting collapse... if the last 5 wickets don't fall for less than about 40/50?

Edited by robby b
Typing on my mobile too fast as usual. :s Thumbs not small enough, boo.

All results are still on.  If Stokes had stayed in we might be level now. Boult bowled really well with the second new ball and Bracewell for a part time spinner extracted some extravagent turn and bounce out of the wicket. Time for Leach to step up. Its great to have Swann in the commentary because he was a proper spinner and is very knowledgeable. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I dunno, that burst accelerated the game a bit or at least showed the team intent to do so.  Usually a 500 v 500 game is drifting along late on day 4 and likely a draw but there is still a lot of cricket left to force a result.

Good point but both teams have gone along at around 4 an over throughout the match so I don’t think there was a particular need to accelerate it further.

I dunno, it’s the way he plays I guess but when we’re in the shit and he’s coming in at 6 needing to hold it all together, is he that man? 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

The draw is the least likely result now. Both teams will play for a win and either could win. 

You have to hand it to NZ. They could have just batted safely for a draw but they've pressed things to try and get a result one way or the other. 

• Like 1

Â