Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

The Aussies know damn well we smashed them in this match. 

Any celebration about retaining the Ashes will be hollow as **** unless they win the last test. 

I think if the series is drawn because of a rained off test the Ashes should be awarded to whoever had the best win percentage in the rained off test/tests.  Maybe over a certain percentage like 60% or something. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

So glad they’ve left Manchester off next time.  Should be permanently struck off.

That shit arse of a city has ruined the most exciting Ashes series ever.

Ruined football as well. Ban the city from all sports IMO.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 1

Shambolic that in 2023 we still lose 2 days play to rain instead of pushing the days back. We would be ahead if not for some terrible play from our players and our stupid keeper selection 

16 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Shambolic that in 2023 we still lose 2 days play to rain instead of pushing the days back. We would be ahead if not for some terrible play from our players and our stupid keeper selection 

It's the problem with having the games back to back, you can't really add a day by taking one of the days between Tests and expect the fast bowlers to recover in time.  They can barely go a whole series without rotating the bowling attack these days.  Compare to 2005 when I think England only made one change in the whole series and off the top of my head Australia only made a couple because it was spread out a lot more.  We've got most of August and the summer holidays without any Tests which is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

We've got most of August and the summer holidays without any Tests which is ridiculous.

Is that because of the wanky Hundred? 

The 2005 ashes you referenced didn't start until 21st July! 

2 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

Don't agree, it's a 25 day competition, no way decided by the weather. If you go two down, you make it incredibly hard to win. 

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

As someone who went to uni in Manchester and lived there consequently for over 10 years in total and actually has a much deeper connection with there than Birmingham I think I’m qualified to say let’s nuke this **** wanky puddle of a city.

Samesies.  **** shithole and it’s full of spunk trumpets 😂

• Haha 1

Its a shitty way to end the series but some of the England reaction has been pathetic, especially as call the Aussies whiners. Its not like the cricket rules were changed just for this test and rain has always been a worry in England. People calling for a 6th day etc.

Suppose when Piers Morgan is championing that same opinion then you know its very wrong

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its a shitty way to end the series but some of the England reaction has been pathetic, especially as call the Aussies whiners. Its not like the cricket rules were changed just for this test and rain has always been a worry in England. People calling for a 6th day etc.

Suppose when Piers Morgan is championing that same opinion then you know its very wrong

Yeah I agree. When you lose 2 tests in a 5-test series, the idea that it all hinges on bad weather in one of the tests is a bit weak.

I do think it's a shame there isn't a better way to resolve situations like this, as we were clearly going to win this one, but that's a separate topic.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

I don't think we should be adding a 6th day here but definitely this should be a catalyst to take a look at updating some of the almost 200 year old rules.

• Like 3

Let's make sure that we win the last test match now. Those Aussies really want to win a series in England for the first time in 20 years, let's make sure that they don't. They will then have to reluctantly accept that although they may have retained the Ashes, they only did so because of the abysmal Manchester weather. 

• Like 3

On 23/07/2023 at 20:13, Xela said:

The last 2 days hasn't cost us the Ashes, it was the first 2 tests. Far too sloppy. It took the stumping incident to get some fire into our belly. 

tbh it all comes back to that strange decision to declare in the first innings of the first test.

• Like 1

Â