Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They keep sticking with Anderson but doesn't look the same bowler he was. Wasted spot in the team really.

I thought they'd just let him have that last Old Trafford test out of sentimentality, but to pick him again is just madness.  He's a shadow of his former self.

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I thought they'd just let him have that last Old Trafford test out of sentimentality, but to pick him again is just madness.  He's a shadow of his former self.

He's only got 4 wickets all series so far, two of them bowlers in Cummins and Starc (although tbf they can bat ok)

He just hasn't got the pace anymore, doesn't matter how accurate you can be, how much you can move the ball, its not going to trouble top batsmen barely hitting 80mph

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The wicket does seem to have died compared to earlier in the day. 

22 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Mind-numbing bowling so far. We seem surprised that Australia aren't as cavalier with their wickets as us

Looks to me like we're not going to get any wickets before close and I would bet Australia bat most of tomorrow.

Once again we just look totally impotent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Looks to me like we're not going to get any wickets before close and I would bet Australia bat most of tomorrow.

Once again we just look totally impotent.

I'm claiming that wicket

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bad day for England. Looked in control until Moeen did his groin and then the batting went into meltdown.  Only one down with tired bowlers and One injured one it doesn't look good at all 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair Bairstow got 99 not out and Woakes a golden duck in the last match

Nope, I'm not having that. A rare success for Bairstow v a rare failure for Woakes. 

• Like 1

Â