The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

So who expected that winner?

He was 5/2 favourite at paddy power so in guessing a fair few...

They still seem to be making so many daft decisions, after years of cena they're now forcing reigns down people's throat, the interesting thing about last night doesn't work because the crowd isn't interested in it working

I think they have set up the feud anyway but should have elevated wyatt vs Brock by having one of them win it

Haven't seen it but read something like Brock went out 19th? :rolleyes:

It's cliche but you look at the wrestlers competing for the heavyweight title now compared to 10-15 years ago. So many injuries and not enough pushing but him winning it is just mehhh, and that shot of him on the turnbuckle at the end with the Wrestlemania sign in the background is almost irrelevant. 

Edited by Warnock

Wyatt should've won that. Seems to be the only decent character these days. Him turning on HHH was a pretty cool moment. As someone above said, they should make the Lesnar feud for the title.

Only ever watch Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania for nostalgia's sake. But the RR at least has been a massive let down in recent years. All massively predictable. 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Geez, really? It was well known he was back in it, then. I haven't watched any wrestling for some time, so when I saw the result I was surprised. 

Did watch it earlier, seeing AJ in the ring was good, and seems he's keeping the styles clash. Zayn/Owens is nailed on to steal the show at wrestlemania, and Neville still looks awesome. 

And that new dude in the wyatt family, man. Give him the mask and make him New Kane or something. 

Edited by hogso

52 minutes ago, hogso said:

Geez, really? It was well known he was back in it, then. I haven't watched any wrestling for some time, so when I saw the result I was surprised. 

Did watch it earlier, seeing AJ in the ring was good, and seems he's keeping the styles clash. Zayn/Owens is nailed on to steal the show at wrestlemania, and Neville still looks awesome. 

And that new dude in the wyatt family, man. Give him the mask and make him New Kane or something. 

Who Sam Strowman Tarly? He's awful.

I've completely given up on the main event scene now. I kind of love everything else and nxt. But the wwe title picture? I'm done, it's irrelevant to me.

Great seeing AJ, just need the King of Strong Style to come over now. 

Not my preference but Hunter > Roman anyday. WM32 main event is not worth watching now though, we all now where it's heading. I'd even take a surprise Cena return and heel turn to cost Reigns over what is obviously going to happen.

It's all about the new lot now though for me, Owens, ambrose, zayn, styles, balor, Rollins, Sasha, Bayley, Becky, Enzo & Cass, New Day etc... Just awesome and enough for me while I avoid the 'main event'. Plus lesnar, Wyatt & hopefully Shinsuke. What a roster.

Edited by Ingram85

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They still seem to be making so many daft decisions, after years of cena they're now forcing reigns down people's throat, the interesting thing about last night doesn't work because the crowd isn't interested in it working

I think they have set up the feud anyway but should have elevated wyatt vs Brock by having one of them win it

Personally what I think should have happened (as everyone knew HHH was going to win) was have Reigns win it then Vince come out then say you forgot about entrant number 31 and then Triple H come out. That would have been a better twist that no-one expected.

It was obvious Triple H was going to win it. They are still trying to force Reigns too much. It's not organic like Austin was. If it is Reigns v HHH at Wrestlemania then I fear the crowd may sabotage the whole match. 

I liked the tease between Wyatt and HHH. Wyatt needs to turn face.  So many injuries at the moment but it was an opportunity to build up someone like Ambrose or Owens. Even with the injuries there is still a lot they could do to make the card look great for Wrestlemania. What I would go for:

WWE Championship
Reigns v Ambrose - with Reigns turning heel at Fastlane siding with the Authority

Wyatt v Lesnar

Bullet Club v League of Nations

Tag Titles
New Day v Wyatt Family- Tag Titles

Divas Title
Sasha Banks v Charlotte

Intercontinental Title
Owens v Zayn

USA Title
Kalisto v Neville

Not sure where Triple H or the Undertaker would fit in.  Still not a great card.

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

It was obvious Triple H was going to win it. They are still trying to force Reigns too much. It's not organic like Austin was. If it is Reigns v HHH at Wrestlemania then I fear the crowd may sabotage the whole match. 

I liked the tease between Wyatt and HHH. Wyatt needs to turn face.  So many injuries at the moment but it was an opportunity to build up someone like Ambrose or Owens. Even with the injuries there is still a lot they could do to make the card look great for Wrestlemania. What I would go for:

WWE Championship
Reigns v Ambrose - with Reigns turning heel at Fastlane siding with the Authority

Wyatt v Lesnar

Bullet Club v League of Nations

Tag Titles
New Day v Wyatt Family- Tag Titles

Divas Title
Sasha Banks v Charlotte

Intercontinental Title
Owens v Zayn

USA Title
Kalisto v Neville

Not sure where Triple H or the Undertaker would fit in.  Still not a great card.

I dip in and out of WWE, but back in the day I felt that it was the crowd that made the superstars, the ones who had 'it' would get the reaction and gradually they'd be tough to ignore and make their way to the top, no matter what they looked like.  Nowadays it's so forced, when the fans aren't into it then it isn't going to work, and it kind of ruined it for me when I was watching the last Royal Rumble.  Judging from the comments I'm glad I didn't pay to watch it this year, wtf is Triple H doing winning it in 2016, and why is CM Punk not the biggest thing in wrestling?  Such a waste.

3 minutes ago, hogso said:

Re: CM Punk, he's not the biggest thing in wrestling cos he's not a wrestler anymore. He'll probably lose his UFC debut in the summer. 

FTFY

Just watched the Rumble and Raw as been away.  What do you all you mean it was obvious HHH would win it?  After he came out you mean?  It was a total surprise he was in it at all for me.  

I allowed myself to dream that Ambrose would win it when it came down to the final two.

Rock was hilarious on Raw admitting to Big Show that he should have won the 2000 Rumble.

Â