The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

the fact that an MMA fighter, with 1 previous professional fight (and the first was against Fury - wtf), gets to fight on such a stage, and have such a big deal made of it, tbh, shows what a joke boxing has become.

Not putting down, Ngannou, good for him, but it does highlight what a state boxing is in, when an ex MMA fighter and Jake Paul are pulling a lot of the boxing headlines.

Outside of one or two fighters, boxing is a joke these days, its more pantomime than WWE.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the fact that an MMA fighter, with 1 previous professional fight (and the first was against Fury - wtf), gets to fight on such a stage, and have such a big deal made of it, tbh, shows what a joke boxing has become.

Not putting down, Ngannou, good for him, but it does highlight what a state boxing is in, when an ex MMA fighter and Jake Paul are pulling a lot of the boxing headlines.

Outside of one or two fighters, boxing is a joke these days, its more pantomime than WWE.

Don't want to be disrespectful, but that's because you're a casual watcher. Go down the the divisions, domestically and internationally and there are great fighters and great fights happening. The HW division is the pantomime but the rest of it isn't.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Don't want to be disrespectful, but that's because you're a casual watcher. Go down the the divisions, domestically and internationally and there are great fighters and great fights happening. The HW division is the pantomime but the rest of it isn't.  

I mostly will be watching reruns of Inoue today to purge my system of last night’s nonsense. Did I hear that Pacquiao is fighting Connor Benn as well soon 🤦‍♂️

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Question is how did Fury make him look so good?

Fury never prepared and didn't take it seriously at a guess. Joshua did. 

• Like 2

Even though we all know Fury didn't train to much for the fight with Ngannuo, he also took it as a bit of a exhibition fight, when Ngannuo took it very serious.

Last night AJ looked like he wanted to prove a point, a statement, an new it would be embarrassing to lose or even go all the way. 

Proves also how hard these guys punch too, Ngannou was a huge guy, but went down like a lead balloon. 

What is the draw with these not boxers going fights with actual boxers or other not boxers? People seem to love it, I just don't get it. Then again I don't get the celebrity cooking, baking, dancing, ice skating or being locked up in a house with cameras either so maybe it's a me problem.

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Any decent fights on the bill?

Parker and Chang wasn't bad. Parker got put on his arse twice, only clipped, but won I  the end. I think probably on his superior style, though didn't seem to worry Chang too much.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

The best fight of the night ended in a nonsense draw 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Parker vs zhang was an interesting fight, Parker did really well,ducking under Zhangs range, took a couple of heavy shots, two knock downs but battle through and took it on points. Parker has a huge heart, great boxer.

2 hours ago, sne said:

What is the draw with these not boxers going fights with actual boxers or other not boxers? People seem to love it, I just don't get it. Then again I don't get the celebrity cooking, baking, dancing, ice skating or being locked up in a house with cameras either so maybe it's a me problem.

The not boxers are the only ones who want to actually box.

Â