The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

So Garcia failed two drug tests the day before and on the day of his fight against Haney. Missed weight massively and now two failed drug tests. Absolute disgrace.

• Like 1

Just now, Avfc96 said:

So Garcia failed two drug tests the day before and on the day of his fight against Haney. Missed weight massively and now two failed drug tests. Absolute disgrace.

He's innocent, just like Connor Benn and Canelo. In fact, like every boxer who has failed a drug test. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

He's innocent, just like Connor Benn and Canelo. In fact, like every boxer who has failed a drug test. 

Contaminated Mexican protein supplements of course. Nothing to see here, move along.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Contaminated Mexican protein supplements of course. Nothing to see here, move along.

And that pesky El Paso beef

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Probably accidentally took his wife’s medication, that’s the go-to excuse these days

• Like 1

About half an hour till his fight. Always special to watch Inoue fight. Genuinely can't separate him and Crawford as P4P 1 or 2.

Looking forward to this one. Neary looks, from the highlights I've watched, like a very tough customer. And, let's be honest, he needs to be against this "Wrecking Ball".

That shot, straight down the pipe, by Neary was on the money, but Inoue, like all "Elite" fighters just upped the gears, and that was that. There are times though, when Inoue is wide - open to a punch like the one Neary threw. If that was against a real knockout artist, it could well be a different outcome. Inoue certainly showed he has good recuperation abilities. 

• Like 1

The brain damage news from Heather Hardy is sobering to read. I know it's not nice to say but you'd wonder why someone like Katie Taylor is still putting her body in the line to go up against Serrano again when surely she is one of the lucky ones who would have made enough money in her career to retire comfortably. And she has nothing left to prove either.

18 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

The brain damage news from Heather Hardy is sobering to read. I know it's not nice to say but you'd wonder why someone like Katie Taylor is still putting her body in the line to go up against Serrano again when surely she is one of the lucky ones who would have made enough money in her career to retire comfortably. And she has nothing left to prove either.

No disrespect to anyone, but unless you've been in the ring or I suppose any type of combat arena after dedicating your life(or a good portion) to it, the adrenaline buzz is amazing, and hard to comprehend. I suppose that goes for any sports really, but we are a funny specie in that regards. Winning any type of match up is probably one of the most, if not the most wonderful feelings you can experience. It's intoxicating like a drug leaving you wanting more. 

It's always been the way when those at the highest level of any sports generally go on for a little too long, fortunately in most sports it doesn't leave you with life changing injuries like combat sports can. 

• Like 1

Â