The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Follyfoot said:

I really enjoyed the Parker Wilder fight. Totally unexpected result and performance, so hoping they go toe to toe. Parker went up in my estimation, a great deal after that. It was decent entertainment.

Back in the day, you could have watched that on John Bright St for nothing. 😉😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Back in the day, you could have watched that on John Bright St for nothing. 😉😉

Probably would’ve been one of the participants🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

For some reason I struggle to get excited about heavyweight clashes, especially today's heavyweights. Most of them don't even look like boxers, more like doormen. I mean, Zhang is  as old as Foreman when he beat Moorer. It's crazy, you would think as time has gone by, the heavyweights would have got better, but they have kind of regressed, to the point where they bore the pants of the viewer. 

It's just that they've gotten so much bigger isn't it? Big slow lumbering things.

Someone like Joe Frazier nowadays would be encouraged to drop down twenty pounds rather than fight people the size of Zhang, Joshua or Fury. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's just that they've gotten so much bigger isn't it? Big slow lumbering things.

Someone like Joe Frazier nowadays would be encouraged to drop down twenty pounds rather than fight people the size of Zhang, Joshua or Fury. 

Bigger and less skilful. I still think a prime Tyson would beat most of today's top heavyweights. Too fast and too fit.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Bigger and less skilful. I still think a prime Tyson would beat most of today's top heavyweights. Too fast and too fit.

Does a non prime Tyson beat Jake Paul, we're about to find out 🤣

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think a non - prime Noel Quarless would beat Jake Paul.

Feel free to Google. 

no need but not heard that name this century 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

no need but not heard that name this century 🤣

I used to love the great Scouse hope. I remember him destroying John L Gardner and the latter describing Quarless's performance as similar to Michael Dokes. Quarless then went on to get knocked out by the great Paddy Finn. You couldn't make it up.

22 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Tyson Fury trash talking Ngannu even though he’s not fighting, it’s so **** boring which he’d just retire. 

I saw when Ngannu told Fury, the only thing protecting him from gettitng battered is the ring and that they can only box. Proper shut Fury up, big John didn't wanna say a word either.

That Ngannu with his physicality is an absolute machine,  hard as anyone , scared of know one.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I saw when Ngannu told Fury, the only thing protecting him from gettitng battered is the ring and that they can only box. Proper shut Fury up, big John didn't wanna say a word either.

That Ngannu with his physicality is an absolute machine,  hard as anyone , scared of know one.

There's always someone harder. The fact is, it's not a street fight, there should only be one winner, in fact, they shouldn't even be in a boxing ring together, it's a total farce and a complete waste of viewers money. 

Genuinely, Tyson was a **** brute, a different era of boxing - I hope he still has that but I'm not a fan of that fight at all, not even close

Just now, T-Dog said:

Genuinely, Tyson was a **** brute, a different era of boxing - I hope he still has that but I'm not a fan of that fight at all, not even close

But don't let that stop us from wanting to see Jake Paul absolutely out cold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

But don't let that stop us from wanting to see Jake Paul absolutely out cold.

Jake is a massive bellend, but he is also only 27 and in great physical shape. I would be shocked if a 58 year old who has spent 20 years off his face can knock him out (although it would be great to see).

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Jake is a massive bellend, but he is also only 27 and in great physical shape. I would be shocked if a 58 year old who has spent 20 years off his face can knock him out (although it would be great to see).

Just once I’d like to see one of these influencer boxers get their **** block knocked off. 

I hold out some hope that Tyson has that in him

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just once I’d like to see one of these influencer boxers get their **** block knocked off. 

I hold out some hope that Tyson has that in him

It would be funny if Tyson, knowing he didn’t have 6 rounds in him, went all in for a first round knockout. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna put my head on the line - A current Tyson throwing a punch vs a current Paul throwing a punch - I ain't gonna survive Tyson, no way. The man wasn't just a boxer, he was a monster. Paul is a rat, a nobody, a charlatan. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I'm not sure if you have seen Tyson train, but he looks more than capable of putting Jake to sleep in a round. Still fast, still very strong, very scary. He'll proper hurt him off he takes it seriously

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not sure if you have seen Tyson train, but he looks more than capable of putting Jake to sleep in a round. Still fast, still very strong, very scary. He'll proper hurt him off he takes it seriously

This is the problem.  All of Paul's fights look like the opponent isn't really taking it seriously otherwise he's have had more than 1 loss.

Â