General Chat

Stevo985

6 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

My dad passed away this week after a short battle with cancer. I’m trying to be pragmatic, but I don’t quite know what I’m supposed to do. I think I am coming across as cold to it all but I’m trying to just work it all out. 

So sorry for your loss mate. Such shitty news.

My deepest condolences to you and youd family at this tragic time. If you need a mate drop me  a line 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

My dad passed away this week after a short battle with cancer. I’m trying to be pragmatic, but I don’t quite know what I’m supposed to do. I think I am coming across as cold to it all but I’m trying to just work it all out. 

Sorry to hear that Den.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

So sorry for your loss mate

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Use this place to say your stuff out loud you worry others might not understand or appreciate.

And take it easy on yourself.

Best.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I’m sorry for your loss mate.

For what it’s worth I feel like I would also try and adopt a pragmatic state of mind for the first few weeks - whether that proves to be the case I don’t know. How I’d be after that initial time I have no particular idea.

As has been said, there’s no correct way, just however you have to be to suit you.

All the best at this sad time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

Do you usually kiss your colleagues on the lips whilst without consent? 

Not anymore. 

Its political correctness gone mad! 

Spoiler

Yes, he should be sacked - appalling behaviour. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I'm so sorry. There's no wrong way to grieve. Best wishes to you and your family, mate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I mean i know lifes different to how it use to be when i was 18-19 but we use to go for the pull with women. We didnt ask for their consent as such if we got chatting to a woman and you felt time was dight you would go for the kill. If the women didnt want to kiss you she was pull back.

I appreciate this is obviously a complete different situation from pulling a woman on a night out. im just saying you dont "ask a woman for a kiss" you just go for it when you feel that chemistry.  This guys obviously got too excited and acted unprofessionally. If she is deeply upset about it then he has to go as its setting a bad example.

Did you ever go on the pull with this guy?

image.png.7958f3f650e481be6cb38b442bf639f3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I mean i know lifes different to how it use to be when i was 18-19 but we use to go for the pull with women. We didnt ask for their consent as such if we got chatting to a woman and you felt time was dight you would go for the kill. If the women didnt want to kiss you she was pull back.

I appreciate this is obviously a complete different situation from pulling a woman on a night out. im just saying you dont "ask a woman for a kiss" you just go for it when you feel that chemistry.  This guys obviously got too excited and acted unprofessionally. If she is deeply upset about it then he has to go as its setting a bad example.

Dem nobody is saying you can’t do that at a bar. You’re talking like it was a night out with his mates 😂

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Dem nobody is saying you can’t do that at a bar. You’re talking like it was a night out with his mates 😂

Im sure i said in the post i appreciate that the circumstances are different with this. 😆  My point was no one really asks for  "consent" when going for a kiss unless you want to come across awkward and cringe.

This guys obviously got excited acted unprofessionally and instead of Spain celebrating the womens victory you have this shit dominating the headlines. I feel sorry for the women as they should be celebrating not having to deal with this negative shit over shadowing their victory. Guys ruined it for them.

He will get removed im sure of it anyway

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sure i said in the post i appreciate that the circumstances are different with this. 😆  My point was no one really asks for  "consent" when going for a kiss unless you want to come across awkward and cringe.

This guys obviously got excited acted unprofessionally and instead of Spain celebrating the womens victory you have this shit dominating the headlines. I feel sorry for the women as they should be celebrating not having to deal with this negative shit over shadowing their victory. Guys ruined it for them.

He will get removed im sure of it anyway

Quick question.

If someone at the AEW meet up gets a bit excited and wants to give you a quick kiss. 

Should they stop to ask your consent first or just assume you'd lean away if you didnt want it? If they hadn't grabbed your head to hold you still first of course. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Really sorry to hear the terrible news.

The Villa family are here to support you though this. DM us if needed.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Was it a creepy, overpowering OTT man kiss, or a warm Spanishy friendly kiss and he's misread the current times?

Seems odd he would try and be a creep in front of a crowd of 1000's.

My mate used to lick girls necks in nightclubs. He had surprising success with this method.

Today’s world would judge him for more harshly.

This story is going and going. Now player is being labelled a liar and their FA is threatening legal action.

The Spanish football federation says it will take legal action over Jenni Hermoso's comments about its president Luis Rubiales.

Rubiales has refused to resign after kissing forward Hermoso on the lips following Spain's Women's World Cup final win over England in Sydney.

Hermoso said on Friday she did not consent, but the federation has questioned her version of events.

"The evidence is conclusive," it said. "Mr President has not lied."

In a statement by players' union Futpro, which is representing 33-year-old Hermoso, she is quoted as saying "in no case did I seek to raise (lift) the president" while they embraced on the podium. 

The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) said: "The RFEF and Mr President will demonstrate each of the lies that are spread either by someone on behalf of the player or, if applicable, by the player herself.

link

13 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

You do you. We lost my old mum two years ago and I was amazed at how my brother and sister and I all grieved in such very different ways. All of them were legitimate though.
Take your time, talk if you want to talk. Get therapy if you think it’ll help (it’s the only thing that got me through it).
Mostly, be kind to yourself. 
So sorry for your loss. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

My mate used to lick girls necks in nightclubs. He had surprising success with this method.

Today’s world would judge him for more harshly.

Not in Barnsley they wouldn't 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Sorry to hear that DK. My heart goes out to you. There's no right or wrong way, it's processing loss. Hope you're as OK as you can be.

• Like 1

Â