General Chat

Stevo985

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What I know about Scott Mills is that he took over the afternoon slot on Radio 2. I have listened maybe 3 times, when travelling in a car and needing traffic news on. From what I can gather he was very popular on Radio 1 but as he is now in his late 60s he moved across to Radio 2. 

He's 50. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What I know about Scott Mills is that he took over the afternoon slot on Radio 2. I have listened maybe 3 times, when travelling in a car and needing traffic news on. From what I can gather he was very popular on Radio 1 but as he is now in his late 60s he moved across to Radio 2. His show isnt aimed at me, but radio 2 seems to have this obsession with 35-45 year old females, kitchen disco and prosecco soundtracked by 90s and early 2000s dance music. 

Yeah, he replaced Steve Wright last year - Mills is only in his early 50's though.  B)

Radio 2 has been shite for ages now imo - more so since they lost/replaced some decent presenters last year

Like you say, when you have now.. Zoe Ball, Vernon Kay, Scott Mills, Sara Cox, Jo Wyley all on radio two, - Radio 2 now feels like Radio 1 again from 20 odd years ago - but sounds much worse now. It's just really shit.

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What I know about Scott Mills is that he took over the afternoon slot on Radio 2. I have listened maybe 3 times, when travelling in a car and needing traffic news on. From what I can gather he was very popular on Radio 1 but as he is now in his late 60s he moved across to Radio 2. His show isnt aimed at me, but radio 2 seems to have this obsession with 35-45 year old females, kitchen disco and prosecco soundtracked by 90s and early 2000s dance music. 

Ahh. Mrs Sidcow and I have an unwritten agreement. It's Radio 2 till midday which allows her her dose of Radio 2 which I suffer but we can both do the pop quiz.  But at 12.00 when Jeremy Vine rears his hateful head it's a quick switch to Absolute Radio, so I'd no idea Moyles was on there. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's Radio 2 till midday which allows her her dose of Radio 2 which I suffer but we can both do the pop quiz.  But at 12.00 when Jeremy Vine rears his hateful head it's a quick switch to Absolute Radio, so I'd no idea Moyles was on there. 

And that's also aload of shit too.

Moyles isn't on there either and hasn't been at the BBC for well over 10 years.

Maybe start doing some Google research first on the presenters of Radio 1 & 2 and Radio X. It might help your vastly outdated memory. 👍

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And that's also aload of shit too.

Moyles isn't on there either and hasn't been at the BBC for well over 10 years.

Maybe start doing some Google research first on the presenters of Radio 1 & 2 and Radio X. It might help your vastly outdated memory. 👍

Wow. Ok

I'd misread @Seat68's post and thought Moyles was on Radio 2 in the afternoon.

If I'd got even the tiniest interest in BBC Radio presenters I might do some research but as it happens I'm perfectly happy with my ignorance👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Wow. Ok

I'd misread @Seat68's post and thought Moyles was on Radio 2 in the afternoon.

If I'd got even the tiniest interest in BBC Radio presenters I might do some research but as it happens I'm perfectly happy with my ignorance👍

Vine is the worst, base Daily Mail shit. I dont have radio on when I am working but sometimes it on as others will be listening, dreadful man.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Vine is the worst, base Daily Mail shit. I dont have radio on when I am working but sometimes it on as others will be listening, dreadful man.

Yeah. In our household him appearing on the radio elicits the same response as the opening bars of the Eastenders music. A mad rush to change channels as soon as possible. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Yeah. I found him and his show quite depressing when it came on. 

I prefer Greatest Hits Radio nowadays or Smooth Chill, They're much easier on the ears.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Radio 2 now feels like Radio 1 again from 20 odd years ago - but sounds much worse now. It's just really shit.

This is what Radio 2 has always been, right back to the 70s. R1 chases the teen and twenties demographic, R2 the middle aged listeners. Periodically, the R1 DJs get pensioned off to R2, playing the same music they were before, and a new younger lot move in. Started with Tony Blackburn, Terry Wogan, David Hamilton, DLT, Johnnie Walker, etc. and continues to this day. I guess the slightly more hip ones go to R6 (John Peel had the sense to go to R4 and do talk stuff). 

BBC doesn't bother beyond that age group, so when the DJs and their listeners get into their 60s they have to go to a commercial channel like Boom Radio or Greatest Hits. 

None of which bothers me, as I hate and avoid pretty much all radio. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I guess the slightly more hip ones go to R6

Nah, 6Music is on the road to ruin

What they've done in recent years is dreadful

Craig Charles eff off, nothing remotely hip about him, he even pays his family members to do his research and still can't pronounce band names, song names etc correctly let alone having no idea of their back story.

Bumping Riley and Coe into a joint late slot cutting down their respective hours from 5 to 2 is shiocking.

Tom Ravenscroft is an irritant and that new music fix show is awful. the 9-10 slot is hit and miss giving it over to an artist for 4 shows of self indulgence (its still often better than the previous 2 hours)

Lamaq is leaving and being replaced by Huw Stevens, that is probably the first replacement they've made in recent years that doesn't piss me off

And whilst we're at it, can someone put Tom Robinson out to grass and extending Guy Garvey's show by an hour was completely uninspiring, an hour was ok, 2 and it starts to grate

• Like 1

Who on here knows about insurance? Of the buildings variety? I'm looking for some advice about claiming. I'm sure one of us is in insurance, I just can't remember who...

Â