General Chat

Stevo985

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Watching michael o leary getting custard pied by protesters made my day. Absolutely hilarous and  couldnt have happened to a nicer guy

O leary is such a twerp

Honestly, he won't have given 2 shits. If anything it increased the exposure of what he was doing. It wouldn't even surprise me if he engineered the whole stunt or baked the pie himself.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Honestly, he won't have given 2 shits. If anything it increased the exposure of what he was doing. It wouldn't even surprise me if he engineered the whole stunt or baked the pie himself.

Ha good theory that. The guys that much of a clown he probably would

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Thank f### that week is over. 

Monday - Youngest 1st day at College. Dropped him off then spent all morning worrying how he was getting on, WhatsApps at lunchtime saying 'I'm fine' - cheers lad, that's been worth the stress. BBQ in the evening as a treat, idiot here forgets fire lighters or lighting fluid, picks up briquettes, takes nearly an hour to get it bloody going, by which time I've pissed half the street off and inhaled my body weight in smoke. 

Wednesday - Yongest finishes college early, messages when he gets home 'Dog has been sick or shit in the kitchen its rank. Said dog has had the runs since Monday after scabbing crap out a bin bag. Have to message our eldest who luckily can go round and clear it up but then informs the fam WhatsApp chat that he had to "mask up" cos of how rank it was. Wife comes home from work - a school - a load of staff have covid & she's stressed right out. 

Thursday - Wife goes up to bed. I'm on the PS4 just finishing up but in chat with the youngest lad. I hear "Mum, what you screaming at" followed by "There is a massive spider on our bed". I go up to sort it, spider has apparently escaped under the bed. Pick up a few bits off the floor, wife literally screams in my ear as it runs out so I miss it. It then proceeds to go behind the wardrobe. Me and the youngest are there with our phone lights shining it under, I can see the stupid thing but can't get to it. Spray some deodorant under and I see it dash out into a basket where she has about 8million pairs of shoes. By this time, she's been banished downstairs cos of her theatrics, I then spend about 45mins checking every shoe, every bag, hoovering the whole area yet no sign of it. I sleep in the bed, she sleeps downstairs. 

On top of that, I work outdoors, so the heat, although welcome, has taken it's toll as I've been having to relabel products all week & the whole process is an absolute shambles. 

I have a nice big box of shiraz tonight and I will be licking the bag dry by midnight. 

Shiraz is both the work of the devil and god, that should set things right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Monday - Youngest 1st day at College. Dropped him off then spent all morning worrying how he was getting on, WhatsApps at lunchtime saying 'I'm fine' - cheers lad, that's been worth the stress. BBQ in the evening as a treat, idiot here forgets fire lighters or lighting fluid, picks up briquettes, takes nearly an hour to get it bloody going, by which time I've pissed half the street off and inhaled my body weight in smoke. 

Wednesday - Yongest finishes college early, messages when he gets home 'Dog has been sick or shit in the kitchen its rank. Said dog has had the runs since Monday after scabbing crap out a bin bag. Have to message our eldest who luckily can go round and clear it up but then informs the fam WhatsApp chat that he had to "mask up" cos of how rank it was. Wife comes home from work - a school - a load of staff have covid & she's stressed right out. 

Thursday - Wife goes up to bed. I'm on the PS4 just finishing up but in chat with the youngest lad. I hear "Mum, what you screaming at" followed by "There is a massive spider on our bed". I go up to sort it, spider has apparently escaped under the bed. Pick up a few bits off the floor, wife literally screams in my ear as it runs out so I miss it. It then proceeds to go behind the wardrobe. Me and the youngest are there with our phone lights shining it under, I can see the stupid thing but can't get to it. Spray some deodorant under and I see it dash out into a basket where she has about 8million pairs of shoes. By this time, she's been banished downstairs cos of her theatrics, I then spend about 45mins checking every shoe, every bag, hoovering the whole area yet no sign of it. I sleep in the bed, she sleeps downstairs. 

On top of that, I work outdoors, so the heat, although welcome, has taken it's toll as I've been having to relabel products all week & the whole process is an absolute shambles. 

I have a nice big box of shiraz tonight and I will be licking the bag dry by midnight. 

There's definitely a sitcom episode in there. It's also why men have sheds with (inside) locks on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Shiraz is both the work of the devil and god, that should set things right.

You can't make a decent Rhone valley wine without it. It's in all the best wines from that region.

It's the people that drink wines made with the single grape that are missing out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I have a nice big box of shiraz tonight and I will be licking the bag dry by midnight

That'll take her mind off the spider😉

Sorry @Genie did not see your reply

Edited by luckyeddie
Plagiarism
  • Haha 3

Been going through a bit of a two-tone/ska revival obsession lately, feeling jealous of all the people who "got" to live in early-Thatcher era Brum lol with all that unity and unemployment and great music 😁. I know -- that's stupid -- but still, what an incredible subculture moment in 1980 and 1981. I wish I'd been able to see what it was like at some of the pubs or at events where I imagine the Beat, for example.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Been going through a bit of a two-tone/ska revival obsession lately, feeling jealous of all the people who "got" to live in early-Thatcher era Brum lol with all that unity and unemployment and great music 😁. I know -- that's stupid -- but still, what an incredible subculture moment in 1980 and 1981. I wish I'd been able to see what it was like at some of the pubs or at events where I imagine the Beat, for example.

spacer.png

Inexplicably and for an unexplainable reason I own this but not sure it's ever been played 

• Like 1

I never realised the Flintoff accident on Top Gear last year was that bad. He's been seen today for the first time in 9 month and he still looks bruised and battered.

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I never realised the Flintoff accident on Top Gear last year was that bad. He's been seen today for the first time in 9 month and he still looks bruised and battered.

I knew something must be up as they’ve said so little, and not recorded anything since.

He must have some long term injuries.

Â