General Chat

Stevo985

“It’s pure cringe” is a horrible phrase.

Grammatically it makes zero sense and it’s that kind of lahden /British version of ebonics “yoof speak” at its worst.

Probably for the things that piss you off thread but it should piss people off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Grammatically it makes zero sense and it’s that kind of lahden /British version of ebonics “yoof speak” at its worst.

Totally agree. 

In fact as phrases go it's pure cringe. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I blame Scott Mills

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

radio one DJ who had the mid afternoon slot, he had features with "cringe" in them and i think now also a podcast called cringe something

Always surprises me how dull he is when I see him pop up on TV shows. Wasn't he described as "The Saviour of Radio 1"? I've no idea how. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Always surprises me how dull he is when I see him pop up on TV shows. Wasn't he described as "The Saviour of Radio 1"? I've no idea how. 

I thought it was Chris Moyles who labelled himself the saviour of Radio 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I thought it was Chris Moyles who labelled himself the saviour of Radio 1.

Oh, probably I'm wrong then. 

Still dull as ditch water though. 

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

radio one DJ who had the mid afternoon slot, he had features with "cringe" in them and i think now also a podcast called cringe something

Radio 2 nowadays.

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No, that was Chris Moyles you're thinking of.  (Another knob end)

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Radio 2 nowadays.

No, that was Chris Moyles you're thinking of.  (Another knob end)

Yeah @Genie beat you to it.

Still dull but I could equally wonder how the hell Moyles could be a saviour of anything. 

When I tried to quote Genie I just typed @Dave and couldn't understand why his name didn't appear 😂😂😂😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

What I know about Scott Mills is that he took over the afternoon slot on Radio 2. I have listened maybe 3 times, when travelling in a car and needing traffic news on. From what I can gather he was very popular on Radio 1 but as he is now in his late 60s he moved across to Radio 2. His show isnt aimed at me, but radio 2 seems to have this obsession with 35-45 year old females, kitchen disco and prosecco soundtracked by 90s and early 2000s dance music. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What I know about Scott Mills is that he took over the afternoon slot on Radio 2. I have listened maybe 3 times, when travelling in a car and needing traffic news on. From what I can gather he was very popular on Radio 1 but as he is now in his late 60s he moved across to Radio 2. His show isnt aimed at me, but radio 2 seems to have this obsession with 35-45 year old females, kitchen disco and prosecco soundtracked by 90s and early 2000s dance music. 

I drove my wife’s car a few days ago and it was on Radio 2 and I genuinely think that was the first time I’d ever listened to it.

Anyway, I popped it on to a better channel and I await the thank you.

• Haha 2

Â