General Chat

Stevo985

I have a parcel due today and the tracking page shows that the driver is doing 114 deliveries on this run.

He needs to average about 6 minutes per delivery to keep his day under 12 hours, and that’s with no breaks.

That sounds pretty brutal. 

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have a parcel due today and the tracking page shows that the driver is doing 114 deliveries on this run. That sounds pretty brutal. 

I am always amazed how ubiquitous deliveries are now. I live in a tiny Crescent. 

Pretty much every delivery driver will make 3 or 4 deliveries in just this small stretch. Sometimes park up and walk a few around. 

But yes I'm sure they get their pound of flesh out of the drivers. 

My S.O. had her tonsils removed last Friday. I wasn't aware how incredibly shitty that surgery is post op. 

She's on day 6 now and for someone fairly petite she's on a truckload of medication. Like 4 gram of paracetamol, 240 grams of codeine and 130 grams of NSAIDS daily. I just hope it gets better soon, cause I don't like all these drugs. But what can you do. Can't let a person sit still crying in pain either. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

My S.O. had her tonsils removed last Friday. I wasn't aware how incredibly shitty that surgery is post op. 

She's on day 6 now and for someone fairly petite she's on a truckload of medication. Like 4 gram of paracetamol, 240 grams of codeine and 130 grams of NSAIDS daily. I just hope it gets better soon, cause I don't like all these drugs. But what can you do. Can't let a person sit still crying in pain either. 

In my day they just gave you ice cream. 

Had my tonsils out when I was 22.

Was ok, apart from a week later when the dead, stringy bits of flesh which have gone rotten start to peel off and you can stand there, looking in the mirror pulling 2 inch strips of the worst smelling, rotten flesh from your throat and feeling it ping off your healthy tissue. 

Your girlfriend is just a wuss. 

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have a parcel due today and the tracking page shows that the driver is doing 114 deliveries on this run.

He needs to average about 6 minutes per delivery to keep his day under 12 hours, and that’s with no breaks.

That sounds pretty brutal. 

I'd say that was pretty normal, not only that they only give them a certain time for each drop and its well below 6 minutes, if they fail at this target, they lose their bonus and the bonus is where the money is.

Just an example of how ludicrous it is. I was talking to someone who'd given up the Amazon game as a result of this to go on the taxis in the middle of the first lockdown. Moving from a growth sector to a sector in freefall!

His depot was in Warrington, his deliveries were in North Wales. 1 drop was an entire patio set. Table, 4 chairs and the umbrella thing. 6 large packages. One drop. 5 minutes allocated for the drop. On the notes it said, "up a small country lane", it negated to say and across a field which you will have to walk with the packages, that one drop took him over an hour and the penalties were such that he effectively worked the whole day for nothing. They'd only allocated him 5 mins as it was 1 drop. You can't even add the time saved by having lots of drops on the same street. 1 fail and the penalties kick in.

• Like 2

On 25/03/2021 at 10:43, lapal_fan said:

My brain over the last 3 pages and/or anytime my wife is talking to me. 

Jeez that takes me back. Love the sound of the old V10s.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

It seems to be a popular crime now, as you say, due to the ridiculous price of puppies. 

When stolen they inevitably seem to end up in the possession of the community that are keen on living in caravans. 

Yep, and to be honest I always thought that stuff was typical fake-news crap spread through Facebook etc but then in the past couple of weeks the police raided a traveller site East Anglia I think and found 70+ missing dogs.

So they are actually doing it, bastards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Had my tonsils out when I was 22.

Was ok, apart from a week later when the dead, stringy bits of flesh which have gone rotten start to peel off and you can stand there, looking in the mirror pulling 2 inch strips of the worst smelling, rotten flesh from your throat and feeling it ping off your healthy tissue. 

Your girlfriend is just a wuss. 

So glad I was eating whilst I read this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I pick my nose a lot more than I realised.

Whenever my phone tries to do face ID, it doesn't recognise me because I have my finger up my nose.

I could try and kick the habit but I think it'll be easier to redo the settings so it only recognises me when I'm digging for green.

If it's any consolation, there are some schools of thought espousing the health benefits of mucophagy, though funnily enough there has been no significant official research undertaken into verifying those claims.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

This was found in @Paddywhack's garden btw - that's his wanky tissue behind the tile. 

Rookie move, that.  The "wiping yourself off" hierarchy goes moist wipes > balm-tissues > regular tissues > yer mum's face > toilet roll > kitchen roll > dirty sock > nearest curtain.

3 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

If it's any consolation, there are some schools of thought espousing the health benefits of mucophagy, though funnily enough there has been no significant official research undertaken into verifying those claims.

I've never eaten it though, that's not my scene.

Isn't it weird that yesterday I posted about 'digging for green' and then this morning I dug up a leprechaun in my garden?

• Like 1

Â