General Chat

Stevo985

Hey all. hope you don't mind me posting this here but when you get a spare 5 mins do you mind watching the below vid and possibly signing the petition. Details are pretty much summed up in the tweet below along with video link.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MCU said:

Hey all. hope you don't mind me posting this here but when you get a spare 5 mins do you mind watching the below vid and possibly signing the petition. Details are pretty much summed up in the tweet below along with video link.

Done. 

The video was really well made. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

I’ve been looking around for a new laptop recently, some good deals on eBay sellers with the current 15% off (currys for example).

The problem is the delivery of “sometime in the next 4-6 days” seems really old fashioned since Amazon raised the bar.

If I want to buy a new gadget I want it in my hands by next day.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve been looking around for a new laptop recently, some good deals on eBay sellers with the current 15% off (currys for example).

The problem is the delivery of “sometime in the next 4-6 days” seems really old fashioned since Amazon raised the bar.

If I want to buy a new gadget I want it in my hands by next day.

I just bought a cheap laptop, to replace the previous cheap laptop that the missus uses for shopping, FB and Scrabble. Ordered 7pm Monday, arrived 3pm Tuesday. Amazon. 

• Like 1

I pick my nose a lot more than I realised.

Whenever my phone tries to do face ID, it doesn't recognise me because I have my finger up my nose.

I could try and kick the habit but I think it'll be easier to redo the settings so it only recognises me when I'm digging for green.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

I like to pop into the main board, every now and again, to remind myself why I only bother with Off Topic. 

The Dean Smith thread is a bin fire. 

Don't. You're making me want to go and have a look and i've only just got my blood pressure under control! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I sometimes wonder what would happen if some of the on topic circular arguers found their way to off topic and carried off like they do in the Smith thread. Would everyone have to secretly vacate and meet up in the Site Issues thread? 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I sometimes wonder what would happen if some of the on topic circular arguers found their way to off topic and carried off like they do in the Smith thread. Would everyone have to secretly vacate and meet up in the Site Issues thread? 

I think you need to take a peek in the Generic Virus Thread. 

• Haha 3

Warning to dog walkers, postman near us was alert enough to prevent the theft of a couple of expensive dogs being walked by their lady owner.

Our dog would be like 3k to buy now, seems to be an industry for snatching pedigree dogs for selling them.

Walk in numbers, carry a shillelagh or something. Be careful.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I think you need to take a peek in the Generic Virus Thread. 

I’ve seen it, something about Dean Smith having taken us as far as he can because he wouldn’t let Mings go for a pint at midnight? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Warning to dog walkers, postman near us was alert enough to prevent the theft of a couple of expensive dogs being walked by their lady owner.

Our dog would be like 3k to buy now, seems to be an industry for snatching pedigree dogs for selling them.

It seems to be a popular crime now, as you say, due to the ridiculous price of puppies. 

When stolen they inevitably seem to end up in the possession of the community that are keen on living in caravans. 

19 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Us off topic lads would just be chilling out like this

200.gif

and then we’d have to quickly hide under our tables when on topic walked in.

I’m sure a few of us would be caught in the crossfire though.

old west fight GIF by GritTV

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Us off topic lads would just be chilling out like this

200.gif

and then we’d have to quickly hide under our tables when on topic walked in.

I’m sure a few of us would be caught in the crossfire though.

old west fight GIF by GritTV

Tell ‘em that we should buy Barkley for £40m and Traore needs a new deal too

wild west cowboy GIF by Morgan Creek

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks for the tip off.  What's your address? 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

It seems to be a popular crime now, as you say, due to the ridiculous price of puppies. 

When stolen they inevitably seem to end up in the possession of the community that are keen on living in caravans. 

Wouldn't surprise me. Hateful thing to be in to, they are part of peoples families. The money is irrelevant to the owners, I'd rather they took our cars then the dog.

• Like 1

Â