General Chat

Stevo985

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I haven't been on Facebook for years now, but after reading about what's going on in Australia...I am so happy I got off that company. What a shitty shitty company

I'm just thinking of the positives. A lot of the shitposts on facebook are people sharing articles and the like. Can the whole world request that Facebook does this everywhere. In fact remove any links to any external website and it gets even better

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They should try banning news in America too, the world would be better for it:

You can't ban The Dodo, you monster :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Unqualified love for the Dodo, absolutely, want to make that clear. Great, wholesome content. 

The rest of that list is the proverbial 'wretched hive of scum and villainy' 

Bill Maher isn't that bad either

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Maher kinda went off the deep end when he decided to amplify Milo and more or less bigged him up on his show for 20 minutes.

I must confess, I don't watch but do see clips every now and again and from those he doesn't come across as the enemy. He can be quite funny

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I must confess, I don't watch but do see clips every now and again and from those he doesn't come across as the enemy. He can be quite funny

He’s not the enemy, and the show is usually interesting and funny enough, but he can be self-defeatingly contrarian and a bit of a smug word removed, as examplified by the absurdly awful Milo interview Chindie mentioned. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

You remember that Steptoe & Son episode where they divide the house in two because they can’t stand each other anymore?

Some evenings I find myself thinking of that episode. This is one of those evenings.

52AA2011-5400-4540-B7E4-05C5C3CAFA19.jpeg

I'm not even going to venture there this week :) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I keep thinking I should change mine now I’m tee total. What was wrong with your previous username? (Michelsen?)

I’m not very paranoid about these things, but I’d rather have plausible deniability if I moan about my employer or a family member on the internet 🥸

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I keep thinking I should change mine now I’m tee total. What was wrong with your previous username? (Michelsen?)

You can buy a round of mocktails, it's still valid. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Changed my username after 15 years. Long overdue, but man it’ll take some getting used to for me. 

I just assumed somebody else was using the same avatar! 

Â