General Chat

Stevo985

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I just assumed somebody else was using the same avatar! 

Amazingly, 1930s Norwegian Labour movement artwork isn’t as commonly used as avatars on international football forums as one would think 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Are there any off topic VT plumbers? I have an enclosed pan in this house and the toilet seat is loose. The fitting isnt one I am used to so was hoping for guidance? Are there any plumbers that might be able to offer guidance? 
Picture added. 

03E2575B-868E-4D4B-810A-26BA61A07386.jpeg

Edited by Seat68

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Are there any off topic VT plumbers? I have an enclosed pan in this house and the toilet seat is loose. The fitting isnt one I am used to so was hoping for guidance? Are there any plumbers that might be able to offer guidance? 
Picture added. 

03E2575B-868E-4D4B-810A-26BA61A07386.jpeg

Is there tightening / adjustment on the underside of the toilet? 

My guess, that inner plastic circle is a cover. You could have a go at prising that off and revealing the actual screw / bolt fitting concealed underneath.

It’s a guess, I have no plumbing liability insurance.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My guess, that inner plastic circle is a cover. You could have a go at prising that off and revealing the actual screw / bolt fitting concealed underneath.

It’s a guess, I have no plumbing liability insurance.

Thats worth a go as I can’t see how it can be tightened. Thanks for your guarantee. Will use a big hammer to prise it off. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Have you removed the seat from the fixings?

Can’t see a way to remove it. Will have a look properly but doesnt have a release button as much as I can see. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

The white disc is a screw that feeds into the toilet. No slot or anything so lost as to how I would tighten it up. New toilet seat needed I think. 

This might sound like a stupid question, but is it actually a screw? Or it is a ‘bung’. Is it a single thread, or hoops that you would ‘persuade’ in to place with a rubber mallet.

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This might sound like a stupid question, but is it actually a screw? Or it is a ‘bung’. Is it a single thread, or hoops that you would ‘persuade’ in to place with a rubber mallet.

Definitely a screw. Its just in one of the en suites so not a big deal. We have a plumber coming soon to move a radiator so may ask him. 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Talking about moving houses.... The tweet is correct, the website is comedy gold

I had a look earlier and I did suspect it was a parody website.

My office is currently rebuilding our website and I feel the need for similar photos. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I had a look earlier and I did suspect it was a parody website.

Yes but still hilarious. The bloke on his phone and looking at his watch... brilliant. It's extremely well done

EDIT: I assumed it was a parody too, appears it really isn't

• Like 1

Â