General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

Ah the shiny new 2019 Rocket Polisher. Beaut isn't she? Aerodynamic, stylish, good ride quality....wait. only one cup holder? and it's only small and it's got what in it?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Ah the shiny new 2019 Rocket Polisher. Beaut isn't she? Aerodynamic, stylish, good ride quality....wait. only one cup holder? and it's only small and it's got what in it?  

Can you imagine @RugeleyVilla having to phone the maintenance guy out: “so how do you get bits of cucumber out of this thing”.

• Haha 1

If I know somebody's voice, I think I can recognise them from their cough, sneeze and hiccup , even if I've never heard any of their bodily functions before.

I think it's impossible to recognise anybody from their bottom toots, but I'm not sure about burps.

20 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Are we talking sounds or smells here?

Very often I find I've been able to smell who dealt it unfortunately.

Very true, I should have said sounds only.

You're blindfolded and have a peg on your nose; can you pick out your friends and family? It's a great Christmas game.

On that note.  I left some chemical warfare in the elevator this morning.  I had to keep it in the 'departure lounge' walking to the office because I didn't want to waste it.  Always a good start to the day.  It was properly good stock too.

And of course you wave it around like an epileptic windmill before the doors open.

• Haha 3

On 09/04/2019 at 16:13, Unused Sub said:

Can you imagine @RugeleyVilla having to phone the maintenance guy out: “so how do you get bits of cucumber out of this thing”.

He'd probably try and find the machines rear access panel! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Colds are weirder than they used to be.

Got one at the moment. It's like there's a tap behind my nose.

That said, sinuses are fine and it hasn't blocked my ears.

Wouldn't really know that I had a cold, but for the nasal river.

It seems like the missing part from my last cold a while back - A cough with no preamble, snot or sneezing, that left as suddenly as it arrived.

sounds more like hayfever to me tbh

I get different symptoms from different seasons, grass cutting mid summer does my eyes for example, trees now do my nose, whatever it is in September does my throat and kicks my asthma off leaving me coughing all night

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

sounds more like hayfever to me tbh

I know where it came from, we've been comparing notes this morning.

He's infected his whole clan, the bins in his house are overflowing with snotty tissues :D

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The subject of when you shit do you stand up or sit down came up in the office today. I felt really wierd to say I've had this debate on a football forum afew times already 😣

Who stands up to have a shit?

I assume you meant wiping! :D

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Who stands up to have a shit?

I assume you meant wiping! :D

I think they still do in some parts of France.

I had a bit of a conundrum earlier, I went for a quick pint after work but needed a shit, with one cubicle having no toilet seat or lock but had bog roll, the other had a lock and seat but no bog roll.  By the time I decided to get as much bog roll from the one cubicle as I could and use the other, someone had gone in, so I decided to make my excuses and hold it in til I got home.  I'm curious as to what the other guy did.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think they still do in some parts of France.

I had a bit of a conundrum earlier, I went for a quick pint after work but needed a shit, with one cubicle having no toilet seat or lock but had bog roll, the other had a lock and seat but no bog roll.  By the time I decided to get as much bog roll from the one cubicle as I could and use the other, someone had gone in, so I decided to make my excuses and hold it in til I got home.  I'm curious as to what the other guy did.

I had a similar dilemma the other year at a nice country gastro pub between Belper and Alfreton. Considering it was quite upmarket, they had obviously run out of money when it came to the bogs. Filthy. Two traps - one has a seat, bog roll and a relatively dry floor. And a space where there used to be a door. The other one had a door but no seat and it looked as though someone had smeared a chocolate fudge cake in the pan. Decision was needed pronto as I had a turtles head scenario developing. I chose the former. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â