General Chat

Stevo985

On 21/03/2019 at 05:33, Paddywhack said:

There has been a problem with the water in our office and we haven't been able to flush the toilets for the last 2 days.

The taps and the urinals are working fine, but the ladies (and gents wanting to poop) are either having to cross their legs or walk to the toilets in the local shops and restaurants etc.

Isn't this one of those things where they legally have to close the office, like when there's no heating in the winter? I'd love to go home...

I imagine it’s one of those things where they should legally send you home. But they will never actually do it. And nobody will do anything about it for fear of being frowned at

On 21/03/2019 at 18:04, Xela said:

I wouldn't last 1 hour in there! Have to have my morning work shite by 10am latest. 

....and furiously posting on VT as you're dropping the kids off at the pool i bet 🤔

On 22/03/2019 at 01:28, Paddywhack said:

I've had something similar but not as funny and I wasn't as brave. 

As soon as I'd pulled up outside my sister-in-law's house, a man came running over from the pub opposite and got in the passenger seat. He said something like "You're late, dickhead", but I still hadn't realised he'd got in the wrong car, I thought I was being carjacked.

Then he looked at me and said, "You're not here for me". I can't remember if I was already crying at this point, but he got out and went back over to his mates.

The thing I found the strangest about the whole thing was that his mates didn't appear rip the piss out of him. I'm sure they saw it, but they just carried on chatting like nothing had happened.

I've only just realised he was probably waiting for someone who had some naughty drugs for him, or vice versa. That'd explain why his mates didn't wonder why we hadn't driven off together.

And why he didn't put the seat-belt on.

More likely he thought you were the Uber he’d ordered. 

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

....and furiously posting on VT as you're dropping the kids off at the pool i bet 🤔

Nah, never posted on the forum while at work. Wish I had time!

Pus there are phone jammers (I believe) in the toilets at work. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Nah, never posted on the forum while at work. Wish I had time!

Pus there are phone jammers (I believe) in the toilets at work. 

Signal blockers in the bogs ? Really ? That's sneaky 🙄

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Signal blockers in the bogs ? Really ? That's sneaky 🙄

They'd be sued into oblivion if someone fell in the toilets and couldn't call for help because of a signal jammer.

It's illegal to use jammers in the UK. There won't be jammers.

• Like 1

No phone picks up signal in the bogs... soon as you walk out, the signal comes back. I've got 2 phones on different networks and they both drop signal instantaneously. People on other networks say the same. 

Might just be a deadspot... but odd its the same for all networks. Not sure what else it could be?

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

No phone picks up signal in the bogs... soon as you walk out, the signal comes back. I've got 2 phones on different networks and they both drop signal instantaneously. People on other networks say the same. 

Might just be a deadspot... but odd its the same for all networks. Not sure what else it could be?

I'd guess the plasterboard is metal lined.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

It's illegal to use jammers in the UK. There won't be jammers.

This. I work i n place where phones are (in some parts) forbidden by law, and even there there's no jammers-  just audio warnings that are triggered when a phone signal is detected "An unauthorised mobile phone has been detected in this area, please switch it off immediately" at deafening volume.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

My flat is like this. Or rather the whole apartment building. Not quite a dead spot, you get a tiny bit of 3G. But as soon as you walk 10 steps outside you get signal again. Frustrating!

If the building is steel framed, has a lot of steel M&E and then they use foil liners on plasterboard or insulation then they may well have accidentally built a sort of Faraday cage.

Easier to do in a small room, which coincidentally, a bog would be and would have more M&E to change the air and deal with plumbing.

The more I see of Swansea and all things west of Swansea the more I like it.

Starting to have ideas of moving out in that direction some time off in the future when we get to that 'downsize' stage.

Â