General Chat

Stevo985

20 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I went to an 80s fancy dress recently where everybody was either George Michael, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Boy George etc, or just wearing generic 80s clothing.

I went like this..

k4weoi.jpg

Not many likes for that one bud.. :(

I did 80's fancy dress a couple of years ago and dressed as Marty McFly.

Needless to say I went totally overboard. I even had a "Save the Clocktower" flyer in my back pocket and several photos in my inside pocket showing my siblings in various states of fading away from existence.

Nobody saw either of those things during the night. But I knew they were there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t mind fancy dress parties, but if I didn’t need to partake in one again, I’d be ok.

My mate does a fancy dress theme for his birthday every year, but it’s always a night out in Bridgnorth. Every year a different theme. And he picks who you’ll be (yeah I know).

Last year it was computer game characters, before that it was wrestlers, 80’s film & tv characters, mr men....

For those interested - Wario, Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, Indiana Jones and Mr Uppity.

I'm on the fence about fancy dress parties. On one hand, I like the fact that everyone dresses up and that wearing a costume almost gives you the right to act like a tit. On the other hand, having to think about a costume, order a costume and put on a costume feels like a lot of work. Not to mention that a party is full of the thing I hate the most:

People.

16 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

order a costume

Another shit modern world development, hiring or buying costumes. Make your own or don't bother. 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Another shit modern world development, hiring or buying costumes. Make your own or don't bother. 

Even more work. Like I have time to make a costume! That’ll eat into my vital ‘reading villatalk’ or ‘playing PlayStation’ time.

42 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I've got a photo of you as Wario.

What would really trouble me is if you had the video taken later that evening of me dancing down a street and my costume falling down around my ankles in a Benny Hill/Carry On esque manner.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

What would really trouble me is if you had the video taken later that evening of me dancing down a street and my costume falling down around my ankles in a Benny Hill/Carry On esque manner.

Oh no, no, I'm not a weirdo.

This was taken later on when you'd fallen asleep.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Not many likes for that one bud.. :(

He deserved more TBF. Although personally I can't remember the 80's version of Catwoman with yellow ears. 

Maybe he should have signed up for the @mjmooney 'like webinar' after all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I don’t mind fancy dress parties, but if I didn’t need to partake in one again, I’d be ok.

My mate does a fancy dress theme for his birthday every year, but it’s always a night out in Bridgnorth. Every year a different theme. And he picks who you’ll be (yeah I know).

Last year it was computer game characters, before that it was wrestlers, 80’s film & tv characters, mr men....

For those interested - Wario, Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, Indiana Jones and Mr Uppity.

Image result for fancy dress wario

Yep

• Like 1

Â