General Chat

Stevo985

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

That's not even the worst bit.  The worst bit is that no-one at BCC can actually say how much money came in last year, how much money was paid out last year, and how much money they currently have in bank accounts.   Not even sure how this is possible, but that's where they currently are at.

Potentially having no money isn’t the worst thing about BCC then, absolute shambles.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This is a proper wallet you absolute sockless nonces 

IMG_1819.jpeg

Genuinely disgusting

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Genuinely disgusting

Looks like it needs disinfecting.

Team coin purse over here. What do you girls with thin card slips do when you want to buy 50p sweets from a twisty handle machine at a shopping centre?!

23 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Team coin purse over here. What do you girls with thin card slips do when you want to buy 50p sweets from a twisty handle machine at a shopping centre?!

Last time I used one of those I was about ten, and they took these: 

queen-elizabeth-ii-1965-sixpence-reverse-hise2965s.jpg

• Like 1

This wallet talk has reminded me, I often wonder how my dad managed to walk around with the amount of stuff he used to carry.

He had his wallet, standard leather folding wallet with a button latch, for notes and basic cards. 

He had a coin purse, a small leather half moon tray with a lid essentially that would carry various coins at any moment so he always had a small amount of money split in various denominations on him.

He had a card wallet which had all the other cards he might need - breakdown, less used bank stuff, loyalty etc. 

He also had his phone obviously - and before he retired that was often 2 phones. And we're talking chunky phones here, before the smart phone really. 

Then he had car keys with key ring, for most of the time after he retired til he died that was a chunky VW flip key thing, with a big VW keyring that doubled as a trolley token. 

Then 2 sets of house keys - different keys for different locks split across different key rings and including multiple keys for locks and padlocks and sheds and whatnot that we didn't even have anymore. 

When he was working this would also include another set of keys for a work van, and for some work facilities where he had key access. When I was very young I remember him saying someone had got onto his work spreadsheet he used to record his work and had renamed it the Jailer's Timesheet because of how many keys he carried.

Then he always had a pen, pencil and utility knife on him, and a watch, and if he was working usually also a notepad, highlighter and tape measure. If he'd gone past a magnet he'd have had his clothes ripped off.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

This wallet talk has reminded me, I often wonder how my dad managed to walk around with the amount of stuff he used to carry.

He had his wallet, standard leather folding wallet with a button latch, for notes and basic cards. 

He had a coin purse, a small leather half moon tray with a lid essentially that would carry various coins at any moment so he always had a small amount of money split in various denominations on him.

He had a card wallet which had all the other cards he might need - breakdown, less used bank stuff, loyalty etc. 

He also had his phone obviously - and before he retired that was often 2 phones. And we're talking chunky phones here, before the smart phone really. 

Then he had car keys with key ring, for most of the time after he retired til he died that was a chunky VW flip key thing, with a big VW keyring that doubled as a trolley token. 

Then 2 sets of house keys - different keys for different locks split across different key rings and including multiple keys for locks and padlocks and sheds and whatnot that we didn't even have anymore. 

When he was working this would also include another set of keys for a work van, and for some work facilities where he had key access. When I was very young I remember him saying someone had got onto his work spreadsheet he used to record his work and had renamed it the Jailer's Timesheet because of how many keys he carried.

Then he always had a pen, pencil and utility knife on him, and a watch, and if he was working usually also a notepad, highlighter and tape measure. If he'd gone past a magnet he'd have had his clothes ripped off.

And yet we still resist manbags.

• Like 1

I switched to a card holder about 5 years ago. I bought one in time for a wedding so as to be appear a bit smarter (best man so a little bit more on display than usual). I then of course was given a card holder as a gift by the groom. Fortunately the gift was better than the one I bought myself. 

Still not a big fan of loose change in my pockets, but it’s not a regular occurrence.

Someone bought me a card holder about 10 years ago. I couldn’t get on board. I always have coins. In previous years I think it was for the odd places that still didn’t take card, then I feel like I wanted it for a trolley coin, and the local shop started charging for card payments under £3. Now I have young kids and they always ask for 50p or whatever 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don't carry coins. If I get any, I throw them on the floor.

I don't. I'm too tight for that

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Use the change that’s in my pocket where it should be

• Like 2

We have a bowl in the kitchen where I usually throw loose change. Then it gets spent on car parking or my daughters swimming club that’s still cash only.

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I believe the leather is distressed :D 

I'm distressed looking at it. 

• Haha 4

Â