General Chat

Stevo985

Yep, I looked that good. You can head over to the Shrewsbury pre season friendly thread for proof.

Although my costume included a “W” on the hat (which obviously stands for “Wario” and nothing else) and white gloves, so technically my outfit is more accurate than hers.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I always go as Peter North because it's the only valid reason for carrying around a bucket of cum. 

I've gotten into trouble the other times I've done it. 

If you put a hole in the bottom of the bucket, you can just follow the snail trail when you're drunk and don't know your way home.

Although it doesn't work if you arrived in a taxi.

And it doesn't necessarily have to be cum. You could be Winnie the Pooh and use honey. 

I went to a fancy dress party with my mate years ago as Starsky & Hutch. Did a pretty good job even if I do say so myself. I was the dark haired one (Starsky?) and my mate was a cracking Hutch as he did have that Owen Wilson blond slacker look down to a tee at the time. 

Was a hit with the ladies of Ipswich as well! Ended up spaffing over Catwoman's norks...and she lapped up the cream like a good kitty. 

Good times! 

George Clinton was once in an episode of How I met your mother. That’s a reasonable excuse to post a picture of Alyson Hannigan right? Although I always preferred Robin.

Other than that, I couldn’t tell you a thing about George Clinton.

7AEF39B2-262A-41F9-84F1-BA76966E5A92.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've never heard of George Clinton either. 

MI0003575380.jpg

responsible for this album, Give out, by Primal Scream

if it was the only thing he'd ever done, he'd be a legend

but he did a couple of other bits n bobs too

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Who is he?

Aren't you a bit of a hip hop fan? 

Let's just say he's been sampled a few times ;)

Oh and Atomic Dog is **** brilliant.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Who is he?

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've never heard of George Clinton either. 

32 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Other than that, I couldn’t tell you a thing about George Clinton.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Aren't you a bit of a hip hop fan? 

Let's just say he's been sampled a few times ;)

Oh and Atomic Dog is **** brilliant.

I was just winding Mooney up. 

Ive heard of him. Or rather I know the song “We Got the Funk”

Can’t day I recall any other songs of his though. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me if people had never heard of him. He’s not exactly Thom Yorke 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was just winding Mooney up. 

Ive heard of him. Or rather I know the song “We Got the Funk”

Can’t day I recall any other songs of his though. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me if people had never heard of him. He’s not exactly Thom Yorke 

Ah gotcha. I was quite surprised tbh.

In musical terms, he's a giant as far as innovators and inspiration go.

Funnily enough I got into him because of 80s/90s hip hop. I was really into sampling and looping at the time and his name unsurprisingly cropped up in many a conversation before I tracked down some Parliament and Funkadelic.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Jeez, and I'm the one who doesn't even like hip hop.   :huh:

George Edward Clinton (born July 22, 1941) is an American singer, songwriter, bandleader, and record producer. His Parliament-Funkadelic collective (which primarily recorded under the distinct band names Parliament and Funkadelic) developed an influential and eclectic form of funk musicduring the 1970s that drew on science-fiction, outlandish fashion, psychedelic culture, and surreal humor. He launched a solo career in 1981, and would go on to influence 1990s hip-hop and G-funk. He is regarded, along with James Brown and Sly Stone, as one of the foremost innovators of funk music. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Famein 1997, alongside 15 other members of Parliament-Funkadelic.

Wikipedia

The old boy who allegedly stabbed a burglar in his house this week....now, I'm not one for a Donald Trump style reaction but i honestly believe that the thief surrenders all rights once he/she trespasses  (not that it's gonna be much use to him now).

God forbid anything like that happens to me or mine but the last thought in my mind would be "careful Johnny, use reasonable force only !" as the adrenalin is pumping through my body. 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

The old boy who allegedly stabbed a burglar in his house this week....now, I'm not one for a Donald Trump style reaction but i honestly believe that the thief surrenders all rights once he/she trespasses  (not that it's gonna be much use to him now).

God forbid anything like that happens to me or mine but the last thought in my mind would be "careful Johnny, use reasonable force only !" as the adrenalin is pumping through my body. 

Don't know the details but that doesn't stop me predicting he'll be released.

Â