General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Each new day is a smaller proportion of your life.  I think that's why time seems to go quicker the older you get.

Exactly. 5 years as a 25 year old seems an age. As a 50 year old its nothing. 

The old woman who told me off for trick or treating when I was a kid, telling me it’s an American thing and that it’s begging, despite her having Halloween decorations up...

...she knocked our door this morning to ask if we could get her some shopping.

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Did you? You should have agreed, and bought her nothing but 'fun sized' chocolate bars.

We did. I did try and think of a “trick” to play though. I dunno, loosen the lid on the milk or something. A trick 25 years in the making.

33 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

We did. I did try and think of a “trick” to play though. I dunno, loosen the lid on the milk or something. A trick 25 years in the making.

Did she give you the money beforehand?

Should have just pocketed it LOL.

If not then when you delivered it, just beat her and rob her of all her jewellery or summat LOL.

I was always pretty good at pranks an'that.

• Like 2

Just now, Xela said:

When a girl* I was laughing and joking with recently said "I wish my Dad was as cool as you" :(

*she was 19

A twist on that: my younger daughter, when she was about that age, got chatted up by some lad at a party, and she said to him: "You remind me of my Dad". He was aghast, and said so. She replied: "Hey, that was a compliment - my Dad's cool". That's my girl. B) 

• Like 2

I got properly shit up this morning.

I got asked to grab something that's under a load of boxes in the conservatory for a family friend. A couple of minutes of that and I found myself out of breath. No worries though. 

An hour or so later I decide to head over to the outdoor. A minute walk. I was out of breath by the time I got there, walked in and felt like I was gonna collapse, heart was pounding, couldn't catch my breath. Manage to stumble back home struggling for breath, get in the door, heart pounding, bent double trying to get my breath, 10 minutes later I'm still short of breath. Took my shoes off and I was out of breath doing that, after I recovered a little.

Genuinely thought I was having a heart attack or something. **** terrifying. Still don't feel great, still short of breath, wheezy, but I'm not nearly collapsed on the stairs heart pounding. Nearly called a bloody ambulance. Doesn't help once had a weird ache in my leg the last couple of days that has my brain screaming 'DVT!'. I think I've got a chest infection. Will be making my third doctor's visit in a week Monday I think.

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I got asked to grab something that's under a load of boxes in the conservatory for a family friend. A couple of minutes of that and I found myself out of breath. No worries though. 

An hour or so later I decide to head over to the outdoor. A minute walk. I was out of breath by the time I got there, walked in and felt like I was gonna collapse, heart was pounding, couldn't catch my breath. Manage to stumble back home struggling for breath, get in the door, heart pounding, bent double trying to get my breath, 10 minutes later I'm still short of breath. Took my shoes off and I was out of breath doing that, after I recovered a little.

Genuinely thought I was having a heart attack or something. **** terrifying. Still don't feel great, still short of breath, wheezy, but I'm not nearly collapsed on the stairs heart pounding. Nearly called a bloody ambulance. Doesn't help once had a weird ache in my leg the last couple of days that has my brain screaming 'DVT!'. I think I've got a chest infection. Will be making my third doctor's visit in a week Monday I think.

Hope you feel better soon. Best to get it checked out, my brother in law kept having something similar a few backs, turns out he’s asthmatic.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Hope you feel better soon. Best to get it checked out, my brother in law kept having something similar a few backs, turns out he’s a dickhead with BAD AIDS

Fixed LMAO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Get yourself checked out chindie and rest up in the meantime.

1 hour ago, BillyShears said:

If it's that bad go to A&E Chindie. Together with the aching leg you are right it screams Pulmonary Embolism. If I triaged you, you would be in the immediate stream with your symptoms and history. 

Thanks. I don't want to waste anyone's time, I'm sure it's just a chest infection. If it happens again I'll call 111. I'm just wheezy and tired now wth a bit of a headache. Still short of breath. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Genuinely never been so scared in my life.

Edited by Chindie

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Thanks. I don't want to waste anyone's time, I'm sure it's just a chest infection. If it happens again I'll call 111. I'm just wheezy and tired now wth a bit of a headache. Still short of breath. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Genuinely never been so scared in my life.

You wouldn’t be wasting anyone’s time - get yourself sorted. 

If its ‘just’ a chest infection you’ll get the right treatment and peace of mind! 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

That's not the sort of thing you should leave until Monday if you ask me. Give 111 a call, it can't do any harm. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

That's not the sort of thing you should leave until Monday if you ask me. Give 111 a call, it can't do any harm. 

That's what it's there for.

You also wouldn't be wasting anyone's time @Chindie if you rocked up at A+E with breathing difficulties. It's not like you've scratched your knee.

• Like 2

Â