General Chat

Stevo985

7 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I've never really been to London either. I spent a day there once.

“Go to London! I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated. Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.” - Alan Partridge.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dubbs said:

What are the chances of being sent on a drivers awareness course for an sp30 rather than points? Just noticed the fine is 50% of weekly wage- what a joke.  It'll cost me more cuz I earn more.

Assuming you haven't had any speeding offences in the past 3 years, you should be offered the course for 37mph in a 30mph limit.

The course is offered for people doing more than 10% + 2mph over the limit (35mph) but less than 10% + 9mph over the limit (42mph)

So you should qualify. But if you've had that previous speeding offence then you won't get offered.

I didn't know the fine had changed to half your weekly wage though. When did that happen?

I did the course in November after getting caught doing 36 in a 30.

At the time, I was pretty grieved by it, because i wasn't hurting anyone, I had good visibility blah blah..

I went on the course and I haven't knowingly sped since.  The laws aren't for inconviencing you, they are there because of past history incidences, positional  (around school zones) & for limiting the potential harm you COULD cause going faster than the speed limit.

The course wasn't revolutionary, it wasn't fullof mind blowing information, but it made you realise that maybe, I didn't need to get to my destination a tiny bit quicker.  Maybe I didn't NEED to risk severely risking an innocent persons life should anything really unlucky happen and the benefits are my car will last longer & and I'll save about 25% fuel too.

The stats on injuries and survival rates upon hitting someone at 30 & and hitting them at 35mph are also VERY nasty.  That extra 5mph makes your odds of survival miniscule.  So is it REALLY worth doing?

Nah.  Hope you had a good Xmas with your family and friends.

• Like 2

joMUDrE.jpg?1

Julie Tudos, barmaid at the World's End in Camden.

Murdered on Christmas Eve, body found in Finsbury Park.

The World's End is a popular pub. I imagine some of you have been there?

Poor thing :(

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Xann said:

joMUDrE.jpg?1

Julie Tudos, barmaid at the World's End in Camden.

Murdered on Christmas Eve, body found in Finsbury Park.

The World's End is a popular pub. I imagine some of you have been there?

Poor thing :(

Heard about the body being found yesterday. Who would want to kill a beautiful thing like that. 

17 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I did the course in November after getting caught doing 36 in a 30.

At the time, I was pretty grieved by it, because i wasn't hurting anyone, I had good visibility blah blah..

I went on the course and I haven't knowingly sped since.  The laws aren't for inconviencing you, they are there because of past history incidences, positional  (around school zones) & for limiting the potential harm you COULD cause going faster than the speed limit.

The course wasn't revolutionary, it wasn't fullof mind blowing information, but it made you realise that maybe, I didn't need to get to my destination a tiny bit quicker.  Maybe I didn't NEED to risk severely risking an innocent persons life should anything really unlucky happen and the benefits are my car will last longer & and I'll save about 25% fuel too.

The stats on injuries and survival rates upon hitting someone at 30 & and hitting them at 35mph are also VERY nasty.  That extra 5mph makes your odds of survival miniscule.  So is it REALLY worth doing?

Nah.  Hope you had a good Xmas with your family and friends.

Better to get there 10 minutes late, than never get there at all, or stop other people from getting to their destination. There are some right clearings in the woods on the road. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

For me starting at 9 and finishing at 5 is late, I’ve been working 7-3:30 for about 10 years, even being 42miles from home I still get home before 5. 

I used to do 7-3 when I first started at my current employers. Bloody brilliant! Avoided the traffic at both times and could be home by 3:20. That's when I wasn't managing clients. Halcyon days!

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

For me starting at 9 and finishing at 5 is late, I’ve been working 7-3:30 for about 10 years, even being 42miles from home I still get home before 5. 

6am - 2pm, 10am - 6pm and 2pm - 10pm, all mixed up in three week rota

Â