General Chat

Stevo985

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

FB has its uses, but I'm not sure that everyone being able to create their own little echo chamber is such a good thing. It's always going to exist to an extent, but the extent to which Facebook allows users to surround themselves with only things that support  their view while removing any material which challenges them is troubling.

Imagine our bollitics threads, if everyone blocked @tonyh29 :P 

FB to me is the online version of the diary/contacts book my folks used to have, with a handy messaging service.

Secondarily it's the groups, mainly music, some are amazing. Obviously you're unlikely to be engaging Noel Gallagher in conversation, but away from the spotlight there's some World class talent on FB happily mingling with the hoi polloi. It's extraordinary.

Follow the Greens, that's it for politics. No way would I call my FB friends balanced politically, but I don't go to FB for news.

There's a proper @tonyh29 too, but my version collects (sleazy :D) music rather than passport stamps :)

Just had an old lady knocking on our door, not in a very good way at all. She's come from the old folks home at the bottom of the street. Managed to calm her down, and warm her up with a cup of tea. Got hold of her son who came and picked her up. Apparently she's got dementia, and it's getting worse. Poor sod. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

22 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just had an old lady knocking on our door, not in a very good way at all. She's come from the old folks home at the bottom of the street. Managed to calm her down, and warm her up with a cup of tea. Got hold of her son who came and picked her up. Apparently she's got dementia, and it's getting worse. Poor sod. 

Isn’t that an episode of Not going out ... see if there is a reward :) 

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

FB has its uses, but I'm not sure that everyone being able to create their own little echo chamber is such a good thing. It's always going to exist to an extent, but the extent to which Facebook allows users to surround themselves with only things that support  their view while removing any material which challenges them is troubling.

Imagine our bollitics threads, if everyone blocked @tonyh29 :P 

imagine how dull bolitics thrradd would be if you just had people in there agreeing with everything though ... that said I don’t use Facebook for arguing with people , it’s too public , any Corbyn like shit on my wall i Just ignore rather than interact 

3 hours ago, Xann said:

FB to me is the online version of the diary/contacts book my folks used to have, with a handy messaging service.

Secondarily it's the groups, mainly music, some are amazing. Obviously you're unlikely to be engaging Noel Gallagher in conversation, but away from the spotlight there's some World class talent on FB happily mingling with the hoi polloi. It's extraordinary.

Follow the Greens, that's it for politics. No way would I call my FB friends balanced politically, but I don't go to FB for news.

There's a proper @tonyh29 too, but my version collects (sleazy :D) music rather than passport stamps :)

Well that's one positive for FB then.

Made myself get up at 5.30 today, ready for work tomorrow. It's not so much the work that I'm not looking forward to, it's seeing some of the faces down there. It's been great not seeing anyone from work for two weeks, and the one lad in particular I work with, really annoyes the **** out of me. Tonight will be a early night. 

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

2017 was a massive year of change for me on many levels. October, I decided to move on from a job to start my own biz, I was always freelance (media/social media) expert... but wanted to go further. Then I got offered the contract for something I did not expect to win, so today I moved my business to an office in the centre of town, feels really strange. Big plans for 2018 and it's nice to be rewarded to have the balls to make some big decisions.

Great news pal!

6 minutes ago, Dick said:

2017 was a massive year of change for me on many levels. October, I decided to move on from a job to start my own biz, I was always freelance (media/social media) expert... but wanted to go further. Then I got offered the contract for something I did not expect to win, so today I moved my business to an office in the centre of town, feels really strange. Big plans for 2018 and it's nice to be rewarded to have the balls to make some big decisions.

I KNOW ALL THE MEMES, employ me. 

I also shitpost on FB and spam widows. 

one of my fave coffee shops, Bay 5, might not be having the best of days

DSsBWopX0AAHwTf.jpg

Stormy weather has been relentless for days now and wind speed manages to peak at high tide everyday.

As of yesterday, I'd say about a meter's depth of sand has been ripped off the beach.

I'll go and have another wander later when the tide is a bit further out.

• Like 2

When me and the wife got out of our flat to move in with my parents and to save for a deposit for a house, my mother-in-law kindly let us store a load of our stuff in her loft.

I was unpacking one of the boxes 18 months later and came across these...

23w615k.jpg

I had no idea what they were, nor did Mrs P. I asked my mother-in-law if they were hers but she said she’d never seen them before and assumed they were ours so put them in one of our boxes.

This was 3 years ago now and they’re still hanging around my house. I don’t want to throw them out until I know they are.

Any idea?

26 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Looks like part of a stand for a hdtv that you screw into the bottom or back?

Hmm possibly. Here’s a better picture..

fbixzc.jpg

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Funny looking dildos

Definitely not dildos. Found that out the hard way.

• Haha 3

Processors vulnerable everywhere, have been for years.

Not great in the era of online everything.

On 1/1/2018 at 23:45, TheAuthority said:

Well that's one positive for FB then.

:)

Really nice to work with - Don't turn down a reunion tour!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xann said:

Processors vulnerable everywhere, have been for years.

Not great in the era of online everything.

:)

Exactly, real confidence filler of a revelation this has been.

There is a reason why so many keep labels over their webcam on their laptops and I wouldn't disagree.

Â