General Chat

Stevo985

10 minutes ago, Xann said:

Evening show and the afternoon is yours?

You should have fun in town.

Find the Crobar. Not too early or you won't make the show. After may be best?

Where you staying?

Yes, show not  until 9.00. Travelodge London central, Drury Lane. She wants to take me sightseeing in the afternoon, then we will get ready and go out for a meal. Show finishes at 11, so sod knows what we will do after that. 

Drury Lane is good. Right in the middle. You can ditch your kit and head out.

6 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I know it's a long shot but...

Will anyone do the locomotion with me?

Where are you?

Have you washed today?

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Oh yes. 

Showed a friend from central Africa around London last year after he finally got a holiday visa.

He'd been to Dubai already, so the Gherkin and the Tube weren't going to be a revelation.

Obviously we asked what he had liked about London?

His response was "Everyone is here." He said this earnestly, he was fairly awestruck by the mix.

I do actually think an Inuit family has moved in somewhere nearby.

Just missing Australian Aboriginals for a full house in bio diversity bingo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xann said:

Showed a friend from central Africa around London last year after he finally got a holiday visa.

He'd been to Dubai already, so the Gherkin and the Tube weren't going to be a revelation.

Obviously we asked what he had liked about London?

His response was "Everyone is here." He said this earnestly, he was fairly awestruck by the mix.

I do actually think an Inuit family has moved in somewhere nearby.

Just missing Australian Aboriginals for a full house in bio diversity bingo.

I'm sure I'll love it. I enjoyed paris, although things felt a bit edgy at times. I'm looking forward to it to be fair. 

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm sure I'll love it. I enjoyed paris, although things felt a bit edgy at times. I'm looking forward to it to be fair. 

I love visiting both Paris and London, they both have a great atmosphere, lots to see and do, but they both tire me out - very hectic pace of life. And London in particular seems very polluted - I always feel I've breathed a lot of dirty air after a day there. Wouldn't want to live in either city, even if I could afford it. 

I used to love the city, spending time in record shops, markets, and knowing there was always a club or pub to spend an evening. These days I prefer Bristol, York and Manchester. Outside of a couple of visits for gigs I haven't been to London in years.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I love visiting both Paris and London, they both have a great atmosphere, lots to see and do, but they both tire me out - very hectic pace of life. And London in particular seems very polluted - I always feel I've breathed a lot of dirty air after a day there. Wouldn't want to live in either city, even if I could afford it. 

Paris  didn't feel too hectic for me. What I liked about Paris was when you came up the steps from the underground, you were instantly blown away by it, and it was just how I imagined it to be. The food was superb too. 

• Like 1

I love going to London and it’s easily one of my favourite cities. If I had to make a list, London probably beats Paris by a few places. That being said, it’s hard to beat the magic of a june evening in Paris. 

• Like 1

What are the chances of being sent on a drivers awareness course for an sp30 rather than points? Just noticed the fine is 50% of weekly wage- what a joke.  It'll cost me more cuz I earn more.

Â