General Chat

Stevo985

Nowhere near as harrowing as the @Seat68 story, I've mostly been quite lucky.

I've lost a couple of odd things over the years, I strongly suspect individuals have 'lifted' individual records. I no longer have my first two Blondie albums or the original ELO gatefold Out Of The Blue. I wouldn't have thrown them away, but they've gone.

Last year, I stored a lot of vinyl in a cupboard under a substantial fishtank. The tank bust and a lot of vinyl got damaged. Thankfully, it was mostly my wife's ol' shite, but a couple of mine got hit too. An early 10 inch Kinks record sleeve knackered, and my earliest Jam album, In The City, got a bit damp. As above, fuzzy mildew hit which it appears I've cured. A good clean and the record (at nearly 40 years old), plays like new. You can lift it to the light and see some mildew traces where it had been. But a careful headphone listen on a record bought in 1980 and played continually since, reveals no damage. 

Somebody once broke in to my car at a train station whilst I was in work. Went through my substantial piles of tapes, flicking each one to the footwell as they rejected it. Didn't take a single one. I had a mental image of them sat in my car, flipping through going 'no, no, no, nope, nope, no, yuch, no...'

• Like 1

My friend Jon said he never borrowed my 7" of the colourfield thinking of you, I have a photograph from the night he asked if he could take it to tape, said record is in his hand. It has forever soured our friendship.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I'm sure the wav file is just as pleasing.

:D

Picture disks are more for fans of the specific band rather than wider listeners.

They don't often sound great.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xann said:

:D

Picture disks are more for fans of the specific band rather than wider listeners.

They don't often sound great.

It's a 60's turntable and a 70's amp on a stand made of sawn down chopping boards and some Ikea kitchen cabinet legs. The room has painted plaster walls, and a plastic conservatory at one end and a drum kit with a snare drum that rattles along with anything played at volume.

Sounds fine to me!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What's a £?

giphy.webp

To be like a Lapal_fan, you must first BECOME a Lapal_fan..

Image result for meditating monk

image.png.f19fa54c71b9320f1b7aaff0a7a8419c.png

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Can I ask has anyone used/or known someone that has used a hypnosis treatment and did it work or not for them? 

I've tried it.

Didn't work. But I think it depends on exactly what you want from it and the kind of person/personality you have. I found I couldn't let my mind relax into it and found my wandering off.

Â