General Chat

Stevo985

10 minutes ago, dubbs said:

What are the chances of being sent on a drivers awareness course for an sp30 rather than points? Just noticed the fine is 50% of weekly wage- what a joke.  It'll cost me more cuz I earn more.

Good chance of it. My missus has been sent on two, rather than pay the fine. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I am seeing a thing from a Yorkshire friend, they eat cheese with their Christmas cake. Cheese. This is hugely weird.

I'm amazed that you're amazed. Christmas cake and Wensleydale is a classic combination. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm amazed that you're amazed. Christmas cake and Wensleydale is a classic combination. 

Is it? I was going to tag you and ask you, is this  Yorkshire thing purely or is it widely known?

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Is it? I was going to tag you and ask you, is this  Yorkshire thing purely or is it widely known?

I've got so used to it that I assumed it was widely practiced, but no, turns out it is basically a Yorkshire thing. 

My wife is a bigger fan of the combo than I am, tbh - but only if the cake is without the marzipan and icing. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Good chance of it. My missus has been sent on two, rather than pay the fine. 

Got caught at 37 in a 30. Sure I heard 35 and below was a course.  Wish I was on the dole as it'd cost about 50 quid fine. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Bit of a drawback in every single other scenario though, isn't it.

Maybe a lot but not every scenario.  I pay hundreds of pounds a month to my ex for CSA. On the dole is pay 5 pounds. 

Anyway im more p####d about the speeding letter :bang:

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What type of music do you listen to whilst driving? 

A wide range from Dance, Rock, Swing and podcasts.  Can't remember what I was listening to but I've heard before that high tempo music can affect the way you drive?

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Maybe a lot but not every scenario.  I pay hundreds of pounds a month to my ex for CSA. On the dole is pay 5 pounds. 

Anyway im more p####d about the speeding letter :bang:

This CSA thing bugs the **** out of me. Obviously you want to pay more than £5 a week, but then sometimes, I think some people have to pay too much. 

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

A wide range from Dance, Rock, Swing and podcasts.  Can't remember what I was listening to but I've heard before that high tempo music can affect the way you drive?

Aslong as it weren't Cliff Richard, we can all sleep safe at night. 

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

What are the chances of being sent on a drivers awareness course for an sp30 rather than points? Just noticed the fine is 50% of weekly wage- what a joke.  It'll cost me more cuz I earn more.

I'd seen a speed enforcement van on a journey a few days after this infringement and thought I'd possibly been 2-3 mph over the limit so now I reckon I'll get done twice in the space of 3-4 days :bang:

32 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Got caught at 37 in a 30. Sure I heard 35 and below was a course.  Wish I was on the dole as it'd cost about 50 quid fine. 

If the fine's 50% of income then it would be £36.55 for someone claiming JSA. Try living the week on the remainder.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I'd seen a speed enforcement van on a journey a few days after this infringement and thought I'd possibly been 2-3 mph over the limit so now I reckon I'll get done twice in the space of 3-4 days :bang:

Have you learnt your lesson :)

Â