General Chat

Stevo985

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Alas , I  can't say what the other flavours are ... Makes me sound like one of those ITK people on twitter now :) but given the money involved in testing and launching a flavour certain bits of info are probably a bit too sensitive to give out , even on a football forum .... 

So we still await the sardine and banana Niknaks... 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Right....

So I'm clearly old as I saw a brawl on a football pitch this evening and didn't even understand the threats being made.

What the cuff does "wrapped up" mean?

Wearing a condom

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Right....

So I'm clearly old as I saw a brawl on a football pitch this evening and didn't even understand the threats being made.

What the cuff does "wrapped up" mean?

Some of the lingo used by the youth of today baffles me. One I fail to understand is the use of the word 'bare' I had bare food last night or I bet that cost bare money. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Some of the lingo used by the youth of today baffles me. One I fail to understand is the use of the word 'bare' I had bare food last night or I bet that cost bare money. 

I heard that in a building site 10 years ago.

It means "very good" or "nice/cool"

"I had very good food last night".

Young Asian lad explained it to me :)  

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I think its 'fake news' and just being reported on a parody website.

Indeed it does seem to be BS...I couldn't be arsed to check at the time as I'd had a few beers.

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I heard that in a building site 10 years ago.

It means "very good" or "nice/cool"

"I had very good food last night".

Young Asian lad explained it to me :)  

I think it's prison lingo tbf, or it came from the prisons and entered normal society. Either way it sounds stupid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

A really cool naked grizzly gave me a plain drink the other day.

It was a bare bare bear bearing bare beer.

That's the Polar opposite of how I thought you'd describe a cool bear.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

New wasabi & ginger walkers sensations. Omfg. 

Homer-Drooling-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-an

I will keep my eyes peeled.  The wasabi will probably be a shocking attempt at a wasabi flavour, but I'm a sucker for ginger (no, not that kind).

On 26/06/2017 at 09:37, PieFacE said:

I've asked if you can take alcohol into the camp site here;

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/215877-opener-festival-2017/?page=21

Wow I remember being on e-festivals years ago . In fact, a thread I started on there is still going (Although it's now on page 61 )

Carl's guide to the V-Festival.

unfinished_monkey_business

•  
  • unfinished_monkey_business
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Hi, Im Carl. Thats me on the left. Ive been going to V at weston for a while so thought id make a really rough arsed guide for beginners. Any other veterans wanna add something ive missed then feel free.

GETTING THERE.

get off the M54 and join the big arsed queue.

ON ARRIVAL

youre stewarded into the carpark , hopefully avoiding the sniffer dogs tent. We go early friday arriving arround 10am so we can grab our usual spot in the red camp (most raucous camp) which is directly opposite the arena entrance. Now you have 2 choices you can either queue with all ya bags for ya wristband or as we do we pitch up the tent first ( not everyone knows you can do this btw) then go and get our wristbands from the marquee by the big f**k off tree. Youll see it hahah.

THE FRIDAY

Not much to do friday day time but get drunk which is no bad thing.

Then Friday night campers can go in the arena and use the fair rides and the indie disco in the JJB tent. (best night btw)

KIT LIST

Keep it small and simple cause the slog from car to tent can be a bastard. ( lot of weaklings bring sack trucks and wheel barrows)

essentials roughly......

tent

sleeping bag

airbed essential but i buy mine there preblown for 10 quid

change of clothes and some shitty footwear (girls its a music festival and not a f**king catwalk)

wet wipes

bog roll

deodorant

toothbrush

money...lots of

booze ( ill discuss later)

fags if ya smoke as ya can only buy marlboros there

Things i dont bother with but i see a lot of people use.........

disposable bbq

folding chair

cooking stove ( these are ok but no fires in camp) at least till sunday hahah

bacon sausage etc for bbq

cool bags/boxes

ALCOHOL

you can bring as much alcohol as you like into the camp as long as theres no glass. We normally take one crate of frozen lager per man which should be defrosted but chilled for saturday n sunday. also some unfrozen for friday. we also take a few litres of vodka in plastic bottles and cans of red bull.

Obviously its all down to personal preference what ya take.

UNDERAGE DRINKING

you only get your bags checked for glass on entry and im not too sure if they care what age you are as long as your not 10 or whatever.

ALCOHOL IN ARENA

No alcohol in any form is allowed to be brought into the arena whatsoever. This is because Richard Branson is skint and wants everyone to buy beer at 3 quid a pint inside. You can get round this however by sneaking stuff in by various crafty means.

Inside alcohol can only be brought with tokens at £3 a drink. Not too bad actually and its coldish. You can use cash at the strongbow tent.

You can get Carling, strongbow, bacardi breezers and shorts with mixers however you can only buy virgin cola which is f**king rank.

BEER EXCHANGE

between wristband marquee and arena entrance the beer exhange people will swap your warm can for a cold one. I dont use this cause we freeze ours but its a bostin idea.

UNDERAGE DRINKING IN ARENA

all of us have been there as teenagers trying to get served but its easy here as the amount of customers means that they just wanna get through serving so arent really looking out for 16/17 year olds.

DRUGS

Drugs are illegal in the uk.

however haha.....there is a random search tent on entry which pulls out one car in every hundred and usually its groups of lads who get pulled. I dont take drugs personally *ahem* but lots of people smoke a joint in the arena and the campsite etc. If you do get stopped just own up and theyll just be confiscated. If you lie and they find stuff your getting took away.

Its up to you people but in my opinion JUST SAY NO hahahah

THE SATURDAY

The arena opens late morning and if you see a massive queue dont worry...its mostly day ticket holders. Campers with wristbands can just walk in.

Then you have over 12 hours of drinking, eating, music, fairground rides and loads of different stalls. bands finish around 11pm=midnight and then you can go to JJB tent where theyll put on 2 movies......dodgeball last year ( cant remember the others)

LINE UPS AND TIMINGS

buy an official programme for when your bands are on etc..........f**king expensive mind you.

VIRGIN MOBILE

Im a virgin mobile user anyway but i suggest you buy a pay as you go virgin sim card with £5 credit on. This is because they put up a number to text on the big screen on main stage. If you text it you get sent a claims number which you can take to the counter and get ONE pint and ONE kebab which is worth £6 for free ( cost of a text)

This is not bullshit and i hope some regulars will confirm this is actually true. well ive done it every year.

TOILETS

last year were horrendous......year before were really good. It depends on the weather because if its rainy and muddy the cleaning trucks cant get to the loos to empty them. If its hot like 2005 then they are empteid every few hours and arent that bad. In the arena blokes can just piss up the walls which is a bonus. Ive even seen a few unashamed birds doing it too. thats rock n roll for ya.

FOOD

IF youre not loaded then bring sarnies or bbq stuff etc but if your f**king loaded like me then you can buy nearly anykind of food you can imagine from the many many food stalls.

my faves are

the hot pork stall (pork n stuffing baps are sweet)

japanese noodles and tempura

the burrito stall

MISCELLANEOUS

2 years running ive lost me phone (cause of drugs n booze) so be careful. Never leave valuables in ya tent no matter how cool your neighbours seem.

Theres probably loads ive missed out so please add anything ive missed out.

The most important thing is to enjoy it cause believe me on the monday morning youll be itching for the next one to come round. ITS THAT f**kING GOOD.

Also make friends with ya neighbours cause you can have a right laugh with strangers who may be mates for life come the end of it.

Finally ill be in red camp again with the birmingham boys . turn right then go down the hill to the bottom where it flattens off. Ill be in the wigwam with cowboys n indians.

IF even one person recognizes me from this site and says " are you the dude who wrote that shit hot post on efestivals"

Ill be a happy man, shake your hand and share a jazz fag with ya.

peace out

www.myspace.com/carlcalland

myspace lol

Edited by Brumerican
spallin

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I will keep my eyes peeled.  The wasabi will probably be a shocking attempt at a wasabi flavour, but I'm a sucker for ginger (no, not that kind).

Your fears are founded.

theres little or no wasabi in those crisps. 

Certainly lacks that horse radish punch!

disappointing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Indeed it does seem to be BS...I couldn't be arsed to check at the time as I'd had a few beers.

I think the bit about someone having to scoop semen out of her throat with their fingers before giving her mouth to mouth gave it away for me! :)

Â