General Chat

Stevo985

13 minutes ago, choffer said:

Nope. The guvmint made the BBC do it

One of the guvmint was on the radio earlkier slagging off the BBC for doing it, then it was pointed out to her that the BBC really really didn';t want to do it, but the guvmint made them. Priceless!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

One of the guvmint was on the radio earlkier slagging off the BBC for doing it, then it was pointed out to her that the BBC really really didn';t want to do it, but the guvmint made them. Priceless!

What a complete farce, I am more interested in a break down of what our license money goes towards. I would happily not pay for a tv license if they gave us the option to scramble BBC channels 

32 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think less than 50p a day is an absolute bargain for the BBC - I'd pay that for the radio alone, quite happily. Then there's the telly, the BBC internet & iplayer things as well.

Meanwhile Newspapers and Murdoch's companies slag off the BBC for paying salaries that they exceed themselves and rarely, if ever, reveal, the massive hypocrits. Publishing the slaries of employees solves nothing, anyway.

For me i just dont like the content of the BBC. The programmes are rubbish, \I only watch MOTD on there occasionally. I dont like Murdoch either complete scumbag (i dont have sky before you ask :))

34 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think less than 50p a day is an absolute bargain for the BBC - I'd pay that for the radio alone, quite happily. Then there's the telly, the BBC internet & iplayer things as well.

Meanwhile Newspapers and Murdoch's companies slag off the BBC for paying salaries that they exceed themselves and rarely, if ever, reveal, the massive hypocrits. Publishing the slaries of employees solves nothing, anyway.

This thissety this this, this this. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

i just dont like the content of the BBC. The programmes are rubbish, \I only watch MOTD on there occasionally

If you only occasionally watch MoTD, how do you know the rest is "rubbish" Dem? Not like any of those attenborough nature things? or Glastonbury coverage, or thing like Line of Duty? or the FA Cup or Wimbledon? or the science programmes about Space n' that. Or the radio? or BBC 4 or BBC3 or the weather forecasts? nothing at all? for less than the price of a newspaper?

• Like 1

On 7/8/2017 at 15:12, chrisp65 said:

I checked the charts from '77, there's some good stuff in there.

But who was Bo Kirkland? Tony Etoria? Alessi? Patsy Gallant?Maxine Nightingale?

But there was some top quality back in the olden times.

March 1977's top tunes included:

Manhattan Transfer

Showaddywaddy

David Soul

Mary Macgregor

Mr Big

Leo Sayer

The Rubettes

Brotherhood of Man

Cliff Richard

Marilyn McCoo

Julie Covington

We condense the 100 hundred faves from our lifetime and turn them in to a mythical past of brilliance.

I do the same with my top shags, but that's more of a top two.

I think 1968 is probably my favourite year tbh. Voodoo Chile, Born to be wild, Suzie Q, Hello I love you - 4 of the hands down best songs of all time with stacks of hits on each of their corresponding albums. :) 

Edited by magnkarl

1 hour ago, blandy said:

If you only occasionally watch MoTD, how do you know the rest is "rubbish" Dem? Not like any of those attenborough nature things? or Glastonbury coverage, or thing like Line of Duty? or the FA Cup or Wimbledon? or the science programmes about Space n' that. Or the radio? or BBC 4 or BBC3 or the weather forecasts? nothing at all? for less than the price of a newspaper?

Yeah I don't watch any of that tbh Pete. I don't watch tv I am more into my tv series (like prison break) and footie mainly. 

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

I think 1968 is probably my favourite year tbh. Voodoo Chile, Born to be wild, Suzie Q, Hello I love you - 4 of the hands down best songs of all time with stacks of hits on each of their corresponding albums. :) 

Can't be arsed to list them, but the list of great albums from 1968 is incredible. 

4 hours ago, choffer said:

I generally think that the whole who is paid what by the BBC thing is a complete non-story but how does some anonymous woman who happens to be on casualty earn more than Dr Who?

I read she does Casualty and Holby City which are both (inexplicably) on all year round, whereas I'm not sure how many episodes of Doctor Who get made.  I assume Chris Evans still has production companies hence why he gets so much?  Gary Linekar I can kind of understand as he must have had interest from Sky over the years and can demand more.  Alan Shearer on £600k makes me feel queasy.

I'm trying to decide how 'feminist' it is to complain about how little Sarah Montague is paid, while parading the fact that she gets paid a comparatively small amount, in essentially every news bulletin. 

EDIT: I mean, it seems as much gratuitously humiliating as 'feminist'. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I would happily not pay for a tv license if they gave us the option to scramble BBC channels 

I'd quite happily pay double if they'd scramble ITV and Channel 5 instead. Chanel 4 is only saved by the news

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'd quite happily pay double if they'd scramble ITV and Channel 5 instead. Chanel 4 is only saved by the news

Feel honoured you received my first like for the new site :)

• Thanks 1

The pay gap is ridiculous. I doubt it will be fixed any time soon. And for all the Tories bang on about a female leader and PM, women have been the ones to suffer most under Tory rule. It is pathetic.

• Sad 1

People hitting the BBC about this are missing the point. This happens across the country. This is happening at all TV stations, private companies, banks, HQs of big high street chains. Hitting the BBC doesn’t solve the issue and I bet this will be old news next month, or when the next big story hits - media will want to move on quickly from this.

Â