General Chat

Stevo985

caught the end of it, foo fighters to me put a show on which is half the battle, everlong was awesome

watching liam gallagher, convinced he's the best ive seen him be in a decade, the mans back, bit weird seeing drew the babyshambles guitarist who ive seen in some proper states playing oasis songs though, liam singing dont look back in anger proper wish you there moment

the national were awesome, good slot for them, surely the mist underrated band in the world

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Don't get me wrong I like music and do around 10 - 15 gigs a year but Glastonbury just looks like hell on earth to me ... a hell with shit music

That you 'do around 10 -15 gigs a year' doesn't suggest that you like music.

9 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Radiohead are perhaps a band you need to 'get'. 

You wont find me playing Radiohead regularly though, far too intense. Seen 'em live a couple of times and they really are something special. That Glasto set last night was excellent.

They seem like that kind of band to me. You've got to be in the mood to appreciate them.

8 hours ago, snowychap said:

That you 'do around 10 -15 gigs a year' doesn't suggest that you like music.

I do about 4 or 5, and I love music. 

9 hours ago, turnbull said:

After the glory of the Radiohead set last night, I thought I'd give Foo Fighters a go

I ended up watching Radiohead's 97 Glasto set.

I dunno, maybe it's Dave Grohl, just can't get into them, always preferred Audioslave when it came to rocking out.

Foo fighters are commercial rock for people that don't like rock.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

music is music

whatever floats yer boat

You always say that :) you are right of course, but I'm not one of these people who look at a band and just think 'they are just a band' 

many different genres out there and many different musical tastes, but surely a band can be much more to people than just a band. I don't know maybe im looking at it too deep.

Wife is back in about 4 hours. The other night she went out to a night club and said it's a completely different experience compared to England. The night before that they found some back alley pub, no tourists, and said it was just like this certain pub in rugeley. Strange that because the pub in mention is just how I'd imagine a back street American pub to be. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You always say that :) you are right of course, but I'm not one of these people who look at a band and just think 'they are just a band' 

many different genres out there and many different musical tastes, but surely a band can be much more to people than just a band. I don't know maybe im looking at it too deep.

Oh no, there's no 'just a band'.

There are bands that have truly informed the way I grew up and the way I behaved. Which is silly really. I've previously taken it all a bit too seriously.

What I meant was, different strokes for different volks. No more point in being judgmental on other people's fave music than on their favourite colour. 

I've had to distance myself from a couple of people recently who've got a bit nazi about music and crate digging and searchin' for the rare groove and all that shite.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I agree. I have far more time for people who are enthusiastic about music that I may hate, than those who have no real love of music at all ("I just like what's in the charts"). 

How anyone don't like music I don't know. A life without music is a life that is a lot more boring and I don't think I could properly bond with a person who did not like music.

• Like 2

I don't mind Radiohead, but not sure I could watch them perform live. The odd song is enough for me.

Funnily enough, 'No Surprises' is currently playing on my Spotify playlist. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wife is back in about 4 hours. The other night she went out to a night club and said it's a completely different experience compared to England. The night before that they found some back alley pub, no tourists, and said it was just like this certain pub in rugeley. Strange that because the pub in mention is just how I'd imagine a back street American pub to be. 

I've been to NY but never been out in NY if that makes sense. I was doing all the sights by the day, so I was too tired to hit the bars and clubs in the evening.

I'd love to go back and see that side of the city. 

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've been to NY but never been out in NY if that makes sense. I was doing all the sights by the day, so I was too tired to hit the bars and clubs in the evening.

I'd love to go back and see that side of the city. 

No singles guys in clubs after 10 and guys coming on to women is not aloud either. Not sure if that applies everywhere. She said it's a more  enjoyable vibe than over here and in the clubs it's just more of a fun time instead of people falling about everywhere and trying to fight you.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Stereophonics are the dullest band of all time. 

Couple of decent songs but I find the vast majority of their music to be utterly tedious. 

Fixed.

Â