General Chat

Stevo985

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Gym Sunday. Is £55 a month reasonable for two people? Also got to pay £10 each for our keys for our own personal  locker. Either way watch this space. 

995d33db04d9a1de085d9cbbeef6d3c5--male-k

• Like 1

The current top 5. I'm so out of touch with music

Top five singles

1) Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber - Despacito

2) DJ Khaled ft Rihanna - Wild Thoughts

3) French Montana ft Swae Lee - Unforgettable

4) Jonas Blue ft William Singe - Mama

5) Liam Payne ft Quavo - Strip That Down

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Top five singles

Out of touch in a good way by the sound of it.

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Are singles still a thing? 

I'm not sure, I stream all my music. I think charts now are mainly downloads and streams. Not sure if CD singles are sold anymore. 

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I once got stuck trying to bench press with no one spotting me. Very embarrassing and it weren't even that heavy.

Been there plenty of times. It's why you never clamp the weights on a bench press, so you can roll/slide them off the bar if you get stuck under them. Dangers of training alone :)

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Been there plenty of times. It's why you never clamp the weights on a bench press, so you can roll/slide them off the bar if you get stuck under them. Dangers of training alone :)

Luckily there were no women there at the time. Never clamp weights, I shall make a note of that.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Top five singles

utter utter utter utter utter **** shite

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Luckily there were no women there at the time. Never clamp weights, I shall make a note of that.

You need to learn the 'roll of shame' 

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

utter utter utter utter utter **** shite

It's the 'ft' bit that pisses me off.  Utter utter utter utter utter **** shite ft MC Cockwomble will next week be MC Cockwomble ft Utter utter utter utter **** shite

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

I read that is her 31st US top 10 single , putting her 3rd behind The Beatles and Madonna

i know one song of hers , the umbrella one , only because you couldn't go out without hearing it 

mind you whilst I have now heard of Ed sheeran I still couldn't tell you a single song of his so that shows how far removed I am from chart music 

• Like 3

I think it's definitely changed though, it's now a case of volume, one direction released 17 singles in 4 years, the spice girls released 11 in 9, ed sheeran 24 singles in 6 years, take that released 32 in 25 years, beiber has released more singles in 7 years than take that have in 25 and it's a far more diluted market, it's just lost in the crowd

the way pop music used to work has changed, mid 90s bewitched released a god awful song but it was absolutely **** everywhere for 6 months, every shop, every radio station, tv adverts...you were bombarded with it and it charted well, you couldn't escape it and it ingrained itself in your head, it doesn't work like that anymore, these songs come and go in a flash, take that somehow incredible feat that Ed sheeran had all of the top 10 at once, the week after 8 of them disappear never to be heard of again

out of those top 5 I've heard 1 and 5 and I'd say number 1 is definitely getting more air play because they tacked beiber on to it as a crude marketing ploy

• Like 1

Â