General Chat

Stevo985

28 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

On Friday whilst I was in  town I saw this bloke who I kind of know, and most of the time he always talks to me. I don't even know his name, just his face, anyway everytime he talks to me he goes on about random shit that I have not got a clue about. He thinks I'm someone else and he keeps going on about my dad and asks if he's still doing this and that. He doesn't know my dad and has got me mixed up with someone else, but this has been going on for years and each time I just go along with him for some reason. On Friday apparently I'd just come out of prison and he was asking me how long I'd been out for. My reply was like, yeah been out of prison for a bit now, then he would go on about this other bloke again who's my dad. I just have not got the heart to tell him I have not got a clue who he thinks I am. Like I said it's been going on for years now.

Are you Chandler Bing?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Had to google him, but certainly not, although my wife would love me to be him.

It's an episode in friends where it transpires that one of Chandler's co-workers has been under the impression Chandler's name is Toby for years and Chandler never corrected him as he doesn't see him too often.

The work colleague is up for promotion which would mean Chandler would have to maintain the "Toby" charade a lot more. 

Hilarity ensues.

21 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It's an episode in friends where it transpires that one of Chandler's co-workers has been under the impression Chandler's name is Toby for years and Chandler never corrected him as he doesn't see him too often.

The work colleague is up for promotion which would mean Chandler would have to maintain the "Toby" charade a lot more. 

Hilarity ensues.

I'm concerned you know that much about that heap of shite of a programme. I've never got American humour.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm concerned you know that much about that heap of shite of a programme. I've never got American humour.

American humor ;)

Despite not watching it in years, I've retained a fair amount knowledge on friends, more than I really should have done. This is mainly due to a winning combination of constant repeats on channel 4, a massive crush on Jennifer Aniston and a lacklustre social life on my part. 

At least the repeats on channel 4 have ceased.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

American humor ;)

Despite not watching it in years, I've retained a fair amount knowledge on friends, more than I really should have done. This is mainly due to a winning combination of constant repeats on channel 4, a massive crush on Jennifer Aniston and a lacklustre social life on my part. 

At least the repeats on channel 4 have ceased.

I've never been into her if I'm honest mate. We have the box sets, well I don't , but they have found a way under my roof. 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've never been into her if I'm honest mate. We have the box sets, well I don't , but they have found a way under my roof. 

I never had the box sets, didn't see the point really as they were repeated so frequently. 

Friends is great. It has crap episodes but generally it's good. 

But I didn't realise until years later how like Seinfeld it is (probably because I didn't really watch Seinfeld until a few years ago). Seinfeld I think was the game changer for that kind of show. Friends just carried it on. 

I saw something with idris Elba in it where it heavily criticised friends for not having any black characters in it, at the time it was something I'd never thought about but I think the only real recurring black character was the dinosaur doctor woman who leaves Joey for Ross in about series 7, other than Joey the Italian American it has hardly any diversity in it and doesn't really represent New York's demographic 

cant shake that when I watch it now

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone familiar with pseudomonas bacteria infection? My son has got it and his ears are pissing with discharge. Unbeknown to the nurses up our doctors, no antibiotics will treat it, so he's got to go into hospital and be put on a drip to clear it up. He's been on three different antibiotics this week and she went to try him on another one, but my wife refused and demanded to see a certain doctor. I've always had trouble with my ears and it looks like my son will follow suit.

On 6/26/2017 at 23:38, TrentVilla said:

Right....

So I'm clearly old as I saw a brawl on a football pitch this evening and didn't even understand the threats being made.

What the cuff does "wrapped up" mean?

Tell me about it mate what the hell is "Piff" and "Nang"?

Edited by Demitri_C

On 27/06/2017 at 23:03, villa4europe said:

I saw something with idris Elba in it where it heavily criticised friends for not having any black characters in it, at the time it was something I'd never thought about but I think the only real recurring black character was the dinosaur doctor woman who leaves Joey for Ross in about series 7, other than Joey the Italian American it has hardly any diversity in it and doesn't really represent New York's demographic 

cant shake that when I watch it now

I think it says more about the delicate people who get offended by these things than those who created the show.

People complain but don't create anything themselves, want a show about a multi diverse group of people? Then go about making one instead of criticising others creations.  

So been and had my packing out of my ear today, and I was in my work gear. Shorts that show a bit and a black sabbath t-shirt. Turns out the two nurses which weren't too bad looking at all were both sabbath fans. Both had been to watch them in the 70s. Listening to their memories made the removal of the packing so much more enjoyable. Rock on....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

So been and had my packing out of my ear today, and I was in my work gear. Shorts that show a bit and a black sabbath t-shirt. Turns out the two nurses which weren't too bad looking at all were both sabbath fans. Both had been to watch them in the 70s. Listening to their memories made the removal of the packing so much more enjoyable. Rock on....

DHUTHU x2

Â