General Chat

Stevo985

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Thanks for the advice, didn't work unfortunately. At so easy point to probably at the weekend I will knock the electric off and pop the controller cover off. 

When I do it on mine I can hear a faint 'click' just after which sounds like a little switch freeing itself. I actually bought a replacement which just slots onto the wiring bracket of the current one. I scared to change it incase I go from occasionally having to tap the box to get the heating on/off to screwing it up and having no heating at all :-) 

Something like this.

• Like 1

iirc you been to a lot of countries tony. Your job or vacation? what do you do?

i cant ever go past the first 5 questions on that game :(! i dont get how people are good at general knowledge questions. People say i remember the most bizarre random things ever but never general knowledge questions

Edited by gharperr

7 minutes ago, gharperr said:

iirc you been to a lot of countries tony. Your job or vacation? what do you do?

i cant ever go past the first 5 questions on that game :(! i dont get how people are good at general knowledge questions. People say i remember the most bizarre random things ever but never general knowledge questions

I think MJ summed it up best in another thread , being old(ish) you get to learn all sorts of useless information over the years that you file away in your brain ...millionaire helps with it being multi choice and allows  some educated guesses on the way , not sure I'd make them if it was a real £250,000 I stood to lose though 

Vacations (or holidays as we like to call them :) ) ... It's a hobby really so where some people like to play FIFA or collect stamps I like to travel , this trip was a family one (Panama was a superb family destination btw ) but I do a few of them with mates as well whilst the family spend a month in Hungary during the summer 

11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

So to answer Gharperrs question, no, you can't afford that hobby :lol:

Buy a PS4 and play FIFA instead, you poor bugger.

Tbf I went to Oslo one weekend flight and hotel for cheaper than someone on VT ( think it was wainy ? ) paid for a train ticket return to Newcastle and match ticket the same weekend ... But yeah ok some of it can be expensive 

• Like 1

Disgusting reports of attacks on women in Cologne on NYE. Also on a smaller scale in Stuttgart and Hamburg. :(

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has voiced outrage over the sexual assaults and thefts that male gangs inflicted on women in Cologne on New Year's Eve.

Women have made at least 90 criminal complaints to police about the harassment by gangs at Cologne's main railway station on Thursday night.

Germans have been shocked by the scale of the attacks, involving many groups of drunk and aggressive young men.

Witnesses and police said the men were of Arab or North African appearance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35237173

Edited by Xela

Wow, bell ends.

If the rumours are true, the new iPhone 7 will have a non-standard, proprietary headphone jack -- making every pair of headphones on earth useless. Not only will this force iPhone users to dole out additional cash to replace their hi-fi headphones, it will singlehandedly create mountains of electronic waste -- that likely won't get recycled.

Sum Of Us

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

(All together, now...)

DHUTWU !!!

2 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

was about to post exactly that 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Mono-...

D'oh!

1 hour ago, BOF said:

DHUEU

Collective dirty minds of VT, I knew I could count on you. Now it's only a matter of correct amounts of alcohol I reckon

Â