General Chat

Stevo985

34 minutes ago, limpid said:

That's a really strange way to understand the act. I may or may not know things which are national secrets under the act. It makes no difference whether I've signed the OSA or not. I'm subject to it wherever I am and whoever I am.

I think you are talking about a specific subset of the OSA. The OSA applies to everything which might be an official secret. Is there some part of the act which is just about designation of buildings?

I have said (several times) that people are covered by the act. I have also said that the OSA applies to classified items (Secrets) . You appear to be commenting on something I haven't remotely claimed. "the act covers people (everyone) classified material and specific places" (see my post above)

There is a part of the act which is about the designation of places (the definition of prohibited places, as I said which could include [some] buildings) - that's what I've also said.

As a flow down from the need to keep stuff "secret" (protected) then there are a set of regulations for State and non-state entities which eventually get down to facilities. These regualtions and laws are not part of the OSA. For example I work for a company which is defined as a List X company, and there are a ton of regs that apply as consequence, including the need for security, the types of measures and facilities to be used, processes and procedures to be followed and the vetting of personnel and so on.

Had a bit of time before a train. Went to the 'Spoons next to Worcester Foregate St.

A double Hendricks and Fentimans tonic costs £3.70.

Leaving London for a comfortable life of middle aged alcoholism has never been so tempting.

• Like 3

@Xann @Seat68  I once (only once) got invited to a 'do' up at Llanbradach Workmen's Club. Being the big guy from the cosmopolitan metropolitan south of the M4 I said I'd go get the first round. From memory it was something like 3 pints, a white wine and a couple of pepsi's (which turned up as cans!).

I had change from a tenner!

• Like 2

On 16/12/2015 at 12:24, Stevo985 said:
On 16/12/2015 at 12:22, dAVe80 said:

Was it the big 3-0, yesterday, Stevo?

Many happy returns to you both anyway. :cheers:

It was. Thanks :D

Belated happy birthday, Steve.

Edited by snowychap

55 minutes ago, Xann said:

Had a bit of time before a train. Went to the 'Spoons next to Worcester Foregate St.

A double Hendricks and Fentimans tonic costs £3.70.

Leaving London for a comfortable life of middle aged alcoholism has never been so tempting.

The beer isn't bad either - when I've popped in they've had Ubu, for instance.

Otherwise, it's still a bit grim in there - like a carpeted car park.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

Ha Ha, After 2 jugs of cocktails at £6 a throw it'll be alright.

Another one or two and it'll look like this...

Not unless you've taken something (which would also probably be available in there at below market prices). :)

It's fine until you 'accidentally' bump in to some tattooed troglodyte from Tolladine. :o

@Xann @Seat68  I once (only once) got invited to a 'do' up at Llanbradach Workmen's Club. Being the big guy from the cosmopolitan metropolitan south of the M4 I said I'd go get the first round. From memory it was something like 3 pints, a white wine and a couple of pepsi's (which turned up as cans!).

Sounds like my local (Sam Smiths pub).

• Like 1

It's fine until you 'accidentally' bump in to some tattooed troglodyte from Tolladine. :o

Is it the new Angel Place after the demise of the Dolphin?

My benchmark for bad Worcester pubs was the Glover's Needle.

It's looking a great deal less menacing on Google. Less amphetamines in the bogs I'd wager.

Edited by Xann

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Forever known as 'early doors cheapskate bourgeois bastard'.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

Is it the new Angel Place after the demise of the Dolphin?

My benchmark for bad Worcester pubs was the Glover's Needle.

It's looking a great deal less menacing on Google. Less amphetamines in the bogs I'd wager.

The tolly troglodyte will find you. It matters little where you drink,

There are few Worcester pubs that are bad (or dodgy) now.

It's not like the bad old days of the late 80s/early 90s. Worcester's turned in to a pretty normal town of average drunkenness and very few stabbings.

Spent a lot of time in those establishments then, and the Nag's your way.

The Grapeshot was a good laugh. Actually looked to see if it was open, it wasn't, did the Spoon.

The Grapeshot was a good bar venue, have you been in the current incarnation?

19 minutes ago, Xann said:

The Grapeshot was a good bar venue, have you been in the current incarnation?

No.

Rarely go in to worcester - if I do then it'll be a crawl down the tything revolving around a rugby game or two.

Grapeshot = me 16-18 year old.

Â