General Chat

Stevo985

Yeah mine's duff. NO matter how many times it gets fixed, something always goes wrong with it. It's annoying, because I don't want to sell this house. I want to keep it and rent it out when I move out, but I know it's going to cost me 3 grand or something stupid to replace the boiler when I do that because I couldn't rent it out with the current boiler

We had a WB installed recently, albeit by a friend of the family, and even with all labour costs it was little over £1k, it's not as expensive as you think.

8/10 WB?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

When did you previously weigh yourself?

I find that if the scales are telling me I've put on half a stone or a stone in a relatively short time (3-7 days, say) then it generally takes the same time to lose it.

probably summer time, cant remember exactly when but it was a few months back. i never normally go above 13.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

probably summer time, cant remember exactly when but it was a few months back. i never normally go above 13.

Ah right, well it's still conceivable that it's just excesses of Christmas then and things will return to normal now the quality street or whatever have now gone. 

I've got a suit fitting for a wedding in two weeks so I've gotta hope my January detox takes care of the winter weight gain.

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Ah right, well it's still conceivable that it's just excesses of Christmas then and things will return to normal now the quality street or whatever have now gone. 

I've got a suit fitting for a wedding in two weeks so I've gotta hope my January detox takes care of the winter weight gain.

ive nailed near enough three boxes of quality street to myself :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, useless said:

I was walking at night down a road with woods on either side, I thought I heard what I can only describe as wild pig noises, I turned of my torch, then all of a sudden some wild creature came bursting from amongst the trees to the left of me and ran across the road and disappeared into the trees on the opposite side. I haven't got a clue what it was. Only to say it looked like a pig but it was lighting quick. It's hard to say how big it was though.

tumblr_ng8i63Kx9N1rw8bhro1_500.gif

Edited by chrisp65
unlucky
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, useless said:

I was walking at night down a road with woods on either side, I thought I heard what I can only describe as wild pig noises, I turned of my torch, then all of a sudden some wild creature came bursting from amongst the trees to the left of me and ran across the road and disappeared into the trees on the opposite side. I haven't got a clue what it was. Only to say it looked like a pig but it was lighting quick. It's hard to say how big it was though.

Sounds like the Beast of Bodmin.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2016 at 23:19, Rugeley Villa said:

just weighed myself and im 13 and a half stone:o ive put half a stone on from last time i weighed myself.

Pssshhhh, I put on half a stone in a week if I let myself go. It's nothing. you can get rid of that in no time.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2016 at 11:29, PongRiddims said:

We had a WB installed recently, albeit by a friend of the family, and even with all labour costs it was little over £1k, it's not as expensive as you think.

Might have to properly look into it. I was just going by the British Gas website which gives you an "estimate" (dunno how they work it out). But yeah it was like 3k +

Might have to properly look into it. I was just going by the British Gas website which gives you an "estimate" (dunno how they work it out). But yeah it was like 3k +

I'd guess most of it is for the fitting, it's certainly not a quick job and can be quite fiddly. I'm sure there's a friendly VT tradesman that might be able to help

This talk of boilers, wife said a week ago put heating on "once",  I pressed advance twice, then put it on once, it's been stuck on permanently on or off since, timer and thermostat no longer do anything. I did the same thing last year. Our boiler cover doesn't cover it as we have heating it's not an emergency. 

36 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This talk of boilers, wife said a week ago put heating on "once",  I pressed advance twice, then put it on once, it's been stuck on permanently on or off since, timer and thermostat no longer do anything. I did the same thing last year. Our boiler cover doesn't cover it as we have heating it's not an emergency. 

Similar thing happened to me, the little control box with the advance etc buttons on it needs a little tap with a finger/screw driver now and again. There must be a small switch inside that moves when heating is called/cancelled and it seems to be getting a bit sticky.

Give it a try, just lightly tap the box...

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Similar thing happened to me, the little control box with the advance etc buttons on it needs a little tap with a finger/screw driver now and again. There must be a small switch inside that moves when heating is called/cancelled and it seems to be getting a bit sticky.

Give it a try, just lightly tap the box...

Thanks for the advice, didn't work unfortunately. At so easy point to probably at the weekend I will knock the electric off and pop the controller cover off. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

BG? I think they take anyone else's sensible estimate, double it and add some just for giggles.

Edited by snowychap

7 minutes ago, snowychap said:

BG? I think they take anyone else's sensible estimate, double it and add some just for giggles.

Their insurance is so cheap that I guess they have to subsidise it somehow.

• Like 1

Â