General Chat

Stevo985

From what I remember.  The whole discussion was on a knife edge from the start because it would be so easy to rip the piss out of them right away and they'd either leave or it would descend into a slagging match, you know how forums work...  It was only a matter of time before someone ruined it.  I tried to keep it on the straight and narrow for as long as I could and we did get a cracking chat out of them for a good while.  But the inevitable did happen and then that was that.  But what was left behind was pure gold.  I must actually re-visit it.

It is a weird read with a peculiar mix between bonkers religious views and an anti-establishment way of thinking that is coming to the fore in the current US election season. Despite that, the chap was doing the dirty work for a rather unsavoury individual and it is quite uncomfortable to read in the light of the leader's subsequent arrest and conviction for abusing minors.

I seem to recall their leader died and then came back to life again , as well as lots of sleeping with all the women in the cult

I needs to get me a cult I think  , no fat chicks allowed  though , or women with tattoos , or French women  , they are going straight to hell and not even I their magnificent messiah can save them

1 hour ago, BOF said:

From what I remember.  The whole discussion was on a knife edge from the start because it would be so easy to rip the piss out of them right away and they'd either leave or it would descend into a slagging match, you know how forums work...  It was only a matter of time before someone ruined it.  I tried to keep it on the straight and narrow for as long as I could and we did get a cracking chat out of them for a good while.  But the inevitable did happen and then that was that.  But what was left behind was pure gold.  I must actually re-visit it.

TerryCzap was a very articulate and clearly intelligent chap but he was completely brainwashed and committed to the cause of this second coming of Christ.

To be fair in the end, they descended it into chaos themselves, who was the woman that came on that had left the cult and they all started arguing amongst themselves.  It was completely mental.

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

@Ingram85 sounds like you've got a decent amount of information, and on a couple of posts it sounds like they have thought it through and offered you a full service. Always worth pm'ing Jim by the sound of it, you would have the advantage there of being able to rubbish him on the interweb if the job went bad! But with so much spec and understanding what they are doing it's always worth getting a couple of other quotes. Even if what that does is show you that other companies look like cowboys or just don't sit right with you. Whatever you pay, a month later someone will tell you they's have done it for half the price.

But now you have a decent amount of spec., I'd say that cost doesn't sound too outrageous, not cheap, but . I've got away with charging people over £500 just to draw up a porch and submit it to planning - and then got the Client to pay the planning fee! As said above, you could likely get a cheaper price by getting a builder to build you a base and a window firm to put up the sides.. But when it leaks a bit in the rain, they'll all blame the bits that are by the others. When it's one firm, it's a one stop shop for getting snags fixed. 

What you might well find, is asking for the dimensions to be slightly bigger (if there's space), doesn't proportionately add to the cost. Making it 2.2m high or 2.5m high is almost no cost difference but will feel a lot different inside. But it might be that height to work out flashings and whatnot. Same with the width, I'm guessing the width, which is a bit mean at 1 metre, is because the further out you go massively effects the drop due to the slope on your drive.

Just to throw a random thought in for you, if the door is side on to the current front door, and the porch is a metre wide - how will you get your next sofa or bed in to the house? Probably not an issue but I've known it cause problems later!

Rang me back today and said they would do it all for £5900.

I know exactly what Jim is saying but my worry about going that route is that its scary and it doesn't cover cost of regs/planning/legal etc... and if anything goes wrong or unexpected extra bits are needed then the price can creep up. Plus you've then got to get someone in to do the lighting/electrics. With this lot it's all included and guaranteed.

What you think Jim? Raised base, foundations, steps going up, brickwork, frame, door, roof, lighting, legal, planning/regs etc... £5900.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

the strong city thread sounded interesting. only on VT will you get a load of religious lunatics join up.

Not with that lot.

They were out there joining up to all sorts of forums that were discussing the TV program.

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

who was the woman that came on that had left the cult

Wasn't she one of Terry's daughters?

It's such a long time ago that I can't remember but she did send me a PM or two with links to other info/opinions about Bent/Travesser.

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Wasn't she one of Terry's daughters?

It's such a long time ago that I can't remember but she did send me a PM or two with links to other info/opinions about Bent/Travesser.

so you were sexting her :)

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

how many of them were there?

On here or in the compound?

I think there were about half a dozen usernames (but I think some were shared by different people) and maybe a couple of hundred in the cult (though I may be wildly over the top with that).

Never heard of that thread before. Read the first few pages in amazement last night, the power of the internet is incredible.

Read the whole thing, it gets even better when more of them start posting.

I kinda hope he gets into it just so I can blow his tiny little mind when I reveal that there is an Acacia Road about a mile from where we live.  Maybe I can convince him it's the one from the show. 

• Like 1

Â