General Chat

Stevo985

Standart.fm for my radio show

It's on now, we've got an hour of krautrock.

PM me next time you are on, will give it a listen.

Or put your schedule in your SIG....

Just saw Katherine Merry on celeb Mastermind answering questions on Villa.

She got a couple of easy ones wrong.

I of course got every one right :)

It was a repeat.

Not for me it wasn't. I don't usually watch telly but was at my Dads

Has anyone here ever left a job they actually enjoy for a potential better opportunity.

I work for a very large company now but have been offered a role at a much much smaller company. If everything they say comes off it will be fantastic but I've had promises broken by other employers in the past.

Its a strange one because I have never thought of leaving where I am now I like the people and the work but they have come to me 3 or 4 times now and the offer may to too good to turn down

I wonder what Thorpe has made of the reaction to his "news"?  

I think the entire world realised he was gay before the Sydney Olympics was over.  Didn't he spend years denying speculation that he was gay?  I might be misremembering that, but surely it's a good thing that people just don't care about this sort of thing any more? I think it will still take a while before an active footballer can come out, running the gauntlet every away game must be intimidating but in general society people tend just to live and let live these days. 

I think the entire world realised he was gay before the Sydney Olympics was over. Didn't he spend years denying speculation that he was gay? I might be misremembering that, but surely it's a good thing that people just don't care about this sort of thing any more? I think it will still take a while before an active footballer can come out, running the gauntlet every away game must be intimidating but in general society people tend just to live and let live these days.

I can't remember the rumours at Sydney ( I can't even really remember those Olympics other than Marion Jones tbh )but It was his appearances on the BBC at 2012 that removed any doubt for me ... And he publicly came out and denied it

I can understand people want to protect their privacy but I'm like you in that I don't think its a big deal to anyone these days , apart from Derrick Ward ( NFL player )

Are they taking advise from agents and being given bad advise ?

I think the entire world realised he was gay before the Sydney Olympics was over. Didn't he spend years denying speculation that he was gay? I might be misremembering that, but surely it's a good thing that people just don't care about this sort of thing any more? I think it will still take a while before an active footballer can come out, running the gauntlet every away game must be intimidating but in general society people tend just to live and let live these days.

Are they taking advise from agents and being given bad advise ?

Who is your spelling advisor? I think they may have given you some bad advice. ;)  

• Like 1

Yep, couldn't care less if Thorpe is gay or not, but like others have mentioned, I'd kind of presumed he was from his appearances in 2012 where he just sort of came over as sort of gay.

Hopefully if he felt the need to 'come out' then he can now be more relaxed about himself if he'd previously felt any need to be guarded or secretive and all that nonsense, life is too short not to enjoy it whilst all your bits are working. Or whatever. 

No big deal either way, I'm already taken and don't like big feet. 

Maybe he wasn't gay when he was competeing because let's face it, having a boner whilst swimming would just slow him down, but keep him going very straight.

I use mine like a keel so I don't tip over in the water, but it does mean I can't swim in water less than 12 inches deep.

• Like 1

My missus text me at 1am last night asking was I awake, the text woke me, so I thought something must have happened, when she was texting so late on a Sunday. She texts back Cheryl Cole got married! 

• Like 1

My missus text me at 1am last night asking was I awake, the text woke me, so I thought something must have happened, when she was texting so late on a Sunday. She texts back Cheryl Cole got married! 

Time to dump her by the sounds of it

• Like 4

Maybe he wasn't gay when he was competeing because let's face it, having a boner whilst swimming would just slow him down, but keep him going very straight.

I use mine like a keel so I don't tip over in the water, but it does mean I can't swim in water less than 12 inches deep.

Thalidomide?

I don't get why people have to announce they are gay ...straight, gay ....does it matter ?

Yep. I'm less likely to get bummed by straight people

Â