General Chat

Stevo985

Peacocks, primark, charity shops, the 'overpriced' next....some cheap bastards on here :-)

I honestly always thought peacocks was a cheaper version of bon marche (used to get dragged there by my nan as a kid). Clothes for older women. Didnt realise it catered for gentlemen.

Personally I dont think you can beat Zara. The quality and choice of clothes is spot on. Although the birmingham one isnt thr best, i love going zara when im abroad as it seems to have a more varied range then thr zara we have here. Other then that, not a whole lot of places to go for a man. Armani exchange in town is alright I guess as is selfridges. Zara all the way.

Edited by donnie

I though Zara was was ladies wear only. The danger with shopping in these kind of places is the likelyhood of running into someone wearing the same item of clothing as yourself.

I though Zara was was ladies wear only. The danger with shopping in these kind of places is the likelyhood of running into someone wearing the same item of clothing as yourself.

Zara is probably the biggest shop brand in europe and the selection for men is huge.

• Like 1

I get a few things from Next once or twice a year. Maybe Burtons, too.

You could've just written that part, to be fair ;)

Actually, Next have really upped their game in the last 18 months.  For me I'd still only wear essentials from there as the "fashion" is too mainstream, but it's good quality at reasonable prices.  Their suiting and tailoring is great value for money.

I'd put Primark and Peacocks in the boycott thread as well as being garbage product.  Cheap shit made in (alleged) slave holes.  The reason Next costs more is that it's higher quality, better materials and made in superior factories.

• Like 2

I try and get my stuff from Charity shops if I can. I don't think I've ever spent more than fifty pounds on an item clothing except for shoes and winter coats, which I guess is pretty remarkable to some.

burtons are the fosters of today(one for the teenagers!!)

i tend to buy casual but being older i'm going to loads more funerals so gonna look at buying a suit.black satin one as ive always liked richie blackmore.

Edited by krisagg75

Â