General Chat

Stevo985

I don't drink if I am driving and if I am driving early I don't drink the night before. I know it can impare and had parents who both routinely drank and drove, so avoided it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I did recently have a half pint, but I won’t do that again it wasn’t one thing or the other and made my hand look huge!

My cock has the same effect on my hand. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Dem posts quite often on H&V, they must rip the piss out of him less over there :( 

Transferred to H&V? Was he put in the bomb squad? Shame, I liked Dem :( 

I don't think I could move forum.

Edited by Xela

20 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I don't drink if I am driving and if I am driving early I don't drink the night before. I know it can impare and had parents who both routinely drank and drove, so avoided it. 

I would say in general I don't but I've a few after work beers over the years where I've had 2 in an hour and jumped in the car mainly because for the older guys I was with they'd try and push it to 3 let alone 2, stuck in old ways and considered completely normal 

Unfortunately in my late 20s I also had a company car and I definitley know I've done a few big nights out including a couple of stag dos when I definitley shouldn't have driven home on the Sunday morning 

Big day for Sweden. Jon Dahl Tomasson has been named new manager for the national side and Hungary have voted yes to Sweden joining NATO.

Cautiously optimistic about Tomasson. Not a fan of us joining NATO thou.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Big day for Sweden. Jon Dahl Tomasson has been named new manager for the national side and Hungary have voted yes to Sweden joining NATO.

Cautiously optimistic about Tomasson. Not a fan of us joining NATO thou.

yes-sir.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

1. Paranormal 

2. Tragic

3. Heartwarming 

Sort of the ultimate display of sportsmanship. 

Boxing, ugh. One for the Things You Don't Get thread. 

• Like 3

I don’t much care for boxing, but I quite like boxing films (well, I like them disproportionately more than I do the sport).

It probably lends itself to a narrative better than other sports, it’s focused on an individual rather than diffused across a team, typically the character is from a more dramatic (gritty) background with various obstacles to overcome, and the story is going to end with a fight where there’s a clear winner and loser.

That Mitchell & Webb sketch on trying to make a film about cricket showcases why certain sports aren’t as transferable to the big screen.

12 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t much care for boxing, but I quite like boxing films (well, I like them disproportionately more than I do the sport).

It probably lends itself to a narrative better than other sports, it’s focused on an individual rather than diffused across a team, typically the character is from a more dramatic (gritty) background with various obstacles to overcome, and the story is going to end with a fight where there’s a clear winner and loser.

That Mitchell & Webb sketch on trying to make a film about cricket showcases why certain sports aren’t as transferable to the big screen.

Similarly, I have almost no interest in UFC/mixed martial arts, however, one of my favourite films is Warrior. The fight scenes add to the story, but it's the personal elements of the film that I connect with.

Similar to the Rocky films.

• Like 2

On 22/02/2024 at 21:56, villa4europe said:

My ex actually studied that at uni (but using vodka not beer) 

From memory there's loads of different factors in it and it's not any set rule, so being tall or being fat etc doesn't necessarily mean one thing or the other, it impacts absorbtion rate but not your ability to flush it out of your system

So how long to get intoxicated is different for every person but as a norm it takes approx. 30 mins for alcohol to turn up in your blood and then you pass 1 unit per hour, take a pint as being 2 units so it takes 2 hours to go back to zero

The scary thing about that is then when you try and work out what time on a Sunday morning you are safe to drive and actually find the answer to be Tuesday afternoon... 

Ismo does a funny bit about that.

Just sold my car.

I decided I needed something a bit newer but the p/x prices were really bad. It would have been ok if my car was a shed but it was tidy with a lot of life left in it.

P/x offers were £4k to £4,750. 

Stuck it on autotrader for £6,250 and immediately got some muppet messaging me offering 4 grand and telling me how good an offer it was as used car prices are dropping all the time. 

Then I get a call from a well spoken chap, asks me to reconfirm it has FSH, I say yes. He says he’ll have it then, at asking price. 

Great! He then says “I’ll be completely upfront and honest with you” so I thought, ah ok, too good to be true.

He tells me he’s a buyer for a network of garages and he wants it for their stock. The guy gave me his name and all their business details. Sounds a bit dodgy but anyway, he immediately sends over £250 as a deposit.

Today one of their drivers comes, gives it a very quick once over then calls back to confirm it’s legit. The other £6,000 is sent immediately and he drives it away.

A bit weird but welcome. 

• Like 4

Â