The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

We went to a book reading of Pat Thomas’ new book on Allen Ginsburg a couple of nights ago and tonight we are over in the same area of LA to see a gig with our guide and friend Ed Roach, Dennis Wilson’s best buddy and Beach Boys photographer and movie maker from around 1970-80.

At the moment I will not reveal who we are seeing, wouldn’t have been my choice but we have been invited and it would be stupid to say no, even got chauffeur service from Ed 😉

Go on then, who was it?

I can reveal Rob was at the opening night of the Jack Grealish book tour ‘Jack: from babbie, to Manchester badboy’.

Where Jack talks through the many things that have made him the man he is today.

Your compere for the evening: Troy Einstein Deeney

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Go on then, who was it?

No one famous , I was secretive as it was B*atle* related, a reimagining of tracks from some apparent resurfaced tapes that had been missing for 30 years.

It was quite good really as it didn’t really sound like “them”😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

No one famous , I was secretive as it was B*atle* related, a reimagining of tracks from some apparent resurfaced tapes that had been missing for 30 years.

It was quite good really as it didn’t really sound like “them”😂

image.png

• Haha 1

On 20/01/2024 at 19:29, rjw63 said:

We went to a book reading of Pat Thomas’ new book on Allen Ginsburg a couple of nights ago and tonight we are over in the same area of LA to see a gig with our guide and friend Ed Roach, Dennis Wilson’s best buddy

You've changed. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Pretty pleased with this 5 minutes from where I live…

Yeah that's a decent line up. I'd go for Idles, Soft Play, Yard Act and Bob Vylan alone.

##edit## Noticed The Wytches are playing too. NOICE.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah that's a decent line up. I'd go for Idles, Soft Play, Yard Act and Bob Vylan alone.

##edit## Noticed The Wytches are playing too. NOICE.

Yep, gotta buy a Thursday bolt on for Idles though the crafty up selling buggers.  Gotta be done though!

I saw Wet Leg supporting Pulp last year…instantly forgettable 

other than them ,  Idles and the snuts  are the only other bands I’ve heard of from that that line up

my wait for a decent festival to attend in 2024 goes on 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I saw Wet Leg supporting Pulp last year…instantly forgettable 

other than them ,  Idles and the snuts  are the only other bands I’ve heard of from that that line up..

The Mysterines are good

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-ozzy-osbournes-final-performances-31942692

Sharon said: "He won't tour again but we are planning on doing two more shows to say goodbye as he feels like 'I have never said goodbye to my fans and I want to say goodbye properly'." Seeming to suggest the venue could be Aston Villa's stadium Villa Park, she added: "We will do it in Aston Villa where Ozzy is from.

i had tickets for him that got cancelled because of covid. was at the last sabbath show but never saw him solo. hopefully he can do a final couple of shows!

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-ozzy-osbournes-final-performances-31942692

i had tickets for him that got cancelled because of covid. was at the last sabbath show but never saw him solo. hopefully he can do a final couple of shows!

I'm on the fence, I have very low expectations for it really happening, and when I last saw him nearly 15 years ago he was already completely **** and struggling to put on a show.

But it's Ozzy **** Osbourne.

Whelp, thanks to a long string of events stemming back to Covid, I've just had to buy tickets for the wife and I to Tokyo Police Club's farewell show in November.

In Toronto.

FInanciallyRecover.gif.0fb380641ea677947090d9beddda77e8.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Slightly closer to home, am off to London for the Saturday portion of this:

May be an image of text that says "POST- METAL TWO DAY EVENT THE BLACK HEART -FRIDAY JANUARY 26th pleiades AEIR 229 SATURDAY JANUARY 27th LAST DIN OF MOUNTAINSCAPE OF EDEN Million CELESTIAL Moons BIRDS FORT CELESTIAL DIADEM TIME IN ANTARCTICA _AV_SUNSET_"

It's... a lot of very similar sounding stuff to be running a whole day with.  Whilst I do love my crescendo-laden post-rock, I've a sneaky feeling even I might hit some fatigue by the end of it.

Tonight was at a small album launch gig for Gruff Rhys in Totnes - absolutely great way to spend £14 (and got his latest CD chucked in too!) 

did a few off the new one but played a load of his solo catalogue as well.

He was on great form tonight too, only taking approx 2 minutes to stumble through four or five words between each song 😂

The Barrel House looks to be hosting @bickster favourite singalong show in the near future too 😬

IMG_4694.jpeg

IMG_4691.jpeg

• Like 2

So tempted to get a day ticket for the Friday at Arctangent. 

Meshuggah, Animals as Leaders, Plini, 3 Trapped Tigers, Delta Sleep. And it's only 60-odd quid....

• Like 1

Â