The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Possibly one for @bickster ?

Richard Norris memoir book tour talk:

Sun 24th March, I am at Carnival Brewery in Liverpool if you are about, starting around 3.30pm, psychedelic DJing until about 10pm. This one is free, just turn up :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Possibly one for @bickster ?

Richard Norris memoir book tour talk:

Already going :D in the bath in preparation right now

Richard Norris and Bob from Probe DJing a set from Richard’s old Thursday night at the Bierkeller from when we were at Uni. I nearly offered to come out of retirement and spin a few for the warm up! 
Probably gonna skip the book bit though. Just hoping his old mate from Uni Maria Breslin isn’t there because I might just have to leave or I'll cause a scene (she’s now the editor of the Liverpool Echo) 

• Like 1

Had a good chat with Richard, reminiscing about how we collectively killed the vice chancellor when we were at Uni and he’s going to send me a copy of the first Oracle Sounds release when I get in touch, he reckons he’s got about 5 copies left and I can have one. There’s also a third volume that he’s just sent to the pressing plant only this week. Great night lots of old friends there and one woman who I’d rather have not seen

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bickster said:

Great night lots of old friends there and one woman who I’d rather have not seen

your own fault for letting her peg you 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Back from seeing The Libertines tonight in Kingston

I’ll be honest and say they are a band that have passed me by previously and I’d  put them up there with bands like The Ramones and The fall for being famous for no logical reason 

but , actually I thought they were pretty decent , sounded loud and pretty tight , vocals were a bit muffled but that could be the venue tbh … I’d definitely go and see them again 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Saw Pupil Slicer tonight and it’s their debut headline tour and can tell they were a little nervous with between song banter. They were really good though and definitely a band on the rise.

Missed the 1st support act but Coilguns were main support and were excellent. Made up of (former?) members of The Ocean, the front man acted like Cedric from ATDI and was excellently mental. 

• Like 1

So, Mick Head playing his upcoming album acoustic style

New venue for me Jacaranda Baltic, it’s a basement, it’s got pillars, it narrows towards the stage, sound was good though

To get a ticket for this, you had to have already bought the new album which is released next month, so that means for the two of us, we had to buy two copies which is a bit naughty IMO and that will definitely be the work of the devil Pichalinghi.

Anyway Mick and Nat from his band run through the album and a smattering of precious songs acoustically and it lasts an hour.or so. Mick is in fine form and there’s a bit of banter

A couple of the crowd do that irksome thing of shouting out song titles like any artist is going to change the set list because you shouted out the name of the song and in the case of one knobhead shouting out American Kid (song on new album), he'd just played it a song before you moron

Bumped into a few old friends, one of whom I learned has had leukaemia since the last time I saw her, so that was a bit emotional and it was good to see the other friends too.

A good night was had and possibly the best thing was the onstage time of 8pm so it was all over by 9:15 making it so much easier to get home after a couple of apres drinks

• Like 2

Flew to Berlin last month to see Komfortrauschen because they weren't playing a show over here I could get to.  This morning they announced a pre-ATG London show that I can get to. 😶

10 **** minutes ago, Tokyo Police Club who we have literally the weekend just gone stumped up the ~£4k for flights and hotels in Toronto for, have announced a final London show.

Famous gif upres #2: Denholm Reynholm suicide (The IT Crowd) - GIF - Imgur

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/04/2024 at 23:29, cyrusr said:

Saw Pupil Slicer tonight and it’s their debut headline tour and can tell they were a little nervous with between song banter. They were really good though and definitely a band on the rise.

Missed the 1st support act but Coilguns were main support and were excellent. Made up of (former?) members of The Ocean, the front man acted like Cedric from ATDI and was excellently mental. 

Going to see these guys at the weekend.

About 2 weeks ago I bought some merch on their site. The next morning the items I'd bought disappeared, and every item was marked as sold out, and they're ghosting me.

As it stands, I'm going to rock up at the Pupil Slicer merch stand to kick off with some consumer rights complaints. If this tee doesn't turn up, I'm going to be unhappy :D 

image.png?ex=662d2196&is=661aac96&hm=f4fc28fb573c689a26c961806b3a9996918cbb69eebdb66269d48bd9a5c2f5d1&=

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Going to see these guys at the weekend.

About 2 weeks ago I bought some merch on their site. The next morning the items I'd bought disappeared, and every item was marked as sold out, and they're ghosting me.

As it stands, I'm going to rock up at the Pupil Slicer merch stand to kick off with some consumer rights complaints. If this tee doesn't turn up, I'm going to be unhappy :D 

image.png?ex=662d2196&is=661aac96&hm=f4fc28fb573c689a26c961806b3a9996918cbb69eebdb66269d48bd9a5c2f5d1&=

Don’t worry - they were selling them at the shows at least!

I suspect as they go on tour they shut the shop to stop orders whilst they are away so when they are back they will probably ship it then - or you rant and rage at them :D 

• Like 1

On 10/04/2024 at 23:29, cyrusr said:

Missed the 1st support act

Saw on my FB feed that this was apparently God Alone., should the opportunity ever arise again I can highly recommend.  Mad good fun.

3 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Saw on my FB feed that this was apparently God Alone., should the opportunity ever arise again I can highly recommend.  Mad good fun.

Yeah they were. I was curious but just couldn’t get to the venue in time after work.

Just come back from seeing Brain of J at The Robin.  Really good Pearl Jam tribute act.  The lead singer took Eddie off really well, great voice and the lead guitarist Jack can seriously play!

17 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Just come back from seeing Brain of J at The Robin.  Really good Pearl Jam tribute act.  The lead singer took Eddie off really well, great voice and the lead guitarist Jack can seriously play!

Yeah I saw them last year excellent set  over 2 hours and think it was something like £12 a ticket … went with MrsH29 who was never a fan of PJ but is now on the strength of this gig 

they are back at the Water Rats in London later this year so I’ll be seeing them again then 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah I saw them last year excellent set  over 2 hours and think it was something like £12 a ticket … went with MrsH29 who was never a fan of PJ but is now on the strength of this gig 

they are back at the Water Rats in London later this year so I’ll be seeing them again then 

Same here, my Mrs wasn't really a fan and only knew some of the songs but she said they were really good too. They were on for about 2 hours, cheap tickets and they even played a track from the new album.  Great night.

On 21/04/2024 at 00:01, dubbs said:

On 21/04/2024 at 00:21, tonyh29 said:

Saw them in Worcester early this year (after Tonyh29 recommended). Bought tickets to see them again in Birmingham this October. For £13 its an absolute steal.

• Like 1

Â